Which breast implants provide a natural look and feel? (Photo)

I want a modest increase in breast size (From small B cup, to a full C), while avoiding fake look and feel. Don't want to look like the implant could be easily outlined & don't want to end up feeling like hard sandbags. Is there a certain type of implant (brand; silicone vs. saline; shape; etc) that would provide the most natural look and feel? Also, how does under vs. over muscle play a role in the augmentation outcome? Finally, any opinions on silicone Silimed implants? Thanks in advance!

BReast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Location of the incision, location of the implant, type of implant, and size are all critical questions for women who choose breast augmentation. The keys are to fill out the upper and lower parts of the breast with the right implant and to place it in a way that looks relatively natural. The technique that best achieves this is a Dual plane technique, where the implant is below the muscle in the superior pole of the breast, and the lower portion of the muscle is released to allow the implant to fill the lower pole of the breast. This covers the implant sufficiently while allowing it to be in an ideal position and fill the breast envelope beautifully.  I prefer the inframammary incision and cohesive silicone gel (gummy bear) implants. Breast augmentation is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of breasts types.  Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure.  Don’t settle for less!

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size, profile, shape, and texture of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  I prefer silicone implants under the muscle for most patients, as this has the most natural appearing result.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implants and feel

I think that the  ratio of more natural soft tissue coverage you have to the implant volume, the more natural the implant will feel.  Best of luck.

Implants which give you a natural look and feel

Patients have a very different idea of what a natural look and feel mean. There are many different types of implants which have subtle differences as far as this goes. You need to see a board-certified plastic surgeon to investigate what your expectations are regarding what is natural. Together, the two of you could decide what is the best implant for you.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation. Find a physician you want to do your surgery explain your desires and let them recommend an implant to you. The quality of the surgeon is 95% of your result.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Breast Implant Placement: Above or Below the Muscle In general, the benefits of submuscular breast implant placement are:
  1. Better superior (upper) coverage/hiding the implant in your cleavage where you will show them off the most
  2. Much lower rates of capsular contracture or scar tissue build up around the implant
  3. Most importantly, breast implants under the muscle do not interfere with your mammogram
I do not believe there to be any lasting benefit of subglandular (or sub fascial) placement. If your breasts are entirely below the muscle he will recommend a mastopexy (lift), not subglandular placement, to take advantage of the benefits mentioned above regarding submuscular implants.A submuscular implant looks better, feels softer for longer and doesn’t interfere with mammograms, giving you the best chance at early breast cancer detection and highest cure rate should it develop. However, it’s not always that simple. Many times the bottom edge of the pectoralis major muscle ends higher than your natural breast crease. If the placement of breast implants lies completely under the muscle it “rides high” and delivers a less than ideal aesthetic result, with your natural breast “falling off” the front of the implant. Therefore, to prevent that, I frequently utilizes a dual plane implant placement. This means as much of the upper portion of the submuscular implant is under the muscle, for all the reasons listed above, but a small portion of the implant “peeks” out from under the muscle so the implant is nearly centered under the nipple. There are different degrees of dual plane release (I, II, III) but I will do as little a release as possible to achieve an optimal aesthetic result, thereby leaving maximum muscle coverageBest of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Which breast implants provide a natural look and feel?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo he should be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.  The most important decision for you is the choice of your surgeon.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with good reviews, experience and whom you feel comfortable with.  Once you choose your surgeon you should follow that surgeon's advice as to  the type of implant.Today  dual plane breast augmentation with implant placed beneath the chest muscle provides the best aesthetic result with the least chance of capsular contracture.At a recent international meeting of plastic surgeons a course survey revealed that 83% of the plastic surgeons at that course use smooth round silicone gel rest implants.   For more information please read below:

Choosing the best implant for you

This topic is always a heated discussion. In my opinion the best implant is a smooth, round, gel implant under the pectoralis major muscle. They move naturally and feel the best. I will do smooth saline if the pt has a lot of breast tissue. In your case I think that would be possible.Wishing you all the best,Talmage Raine MD FACS  drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Natural Feel

In order to achieve the most natural feel, I recommend a smooth, round, silicone breast implant.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Implant type/style for natural look

You have asked a complex question. Based on your photos, I think you would benefit from shaped (anatomic), textured, silicone implants which would increase your breast volume but minimize that "fake" look. I use the Natrelle style 410 textured, anatomic, silicone implants usually placed below the pectoralis muscle. I usually use an incision below the breast which makes implant insertion easiest. I have not used the Silimed implants. There are many advantages to placing the implants below the muscle rather than on top. It definitely softens the look and gives you another layer of natural tissue on top of the implant to hide its contours. Good luck with your surgery!