Will breast implants fill out my loose skin/wrinkling? (photos)

Would implants fill out the loose skin and get rid of the wrinkling that occurs in both breast when I lay on my back and sides or would adding them just make things worse? *these photos are from 2 months post anchor lift*

Filling Out Wrinkles and Improving Breast Appearance

Breast Appearance – The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Breast implants for sagging skin

Breast implants will help improve the volume of your breasts but may not take up all the excess skin.  It looks like to me, no enough skin was removed with your breast lift.  If you choose to proceed with implants, you may also want additional skin removed.

Good luck,

Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon

Implants

Hello and thank you for your question. A breast implant will help add volume to your breasts, which should improve this wrinkling issue.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Volume

You need more volume and only implants can replace what you have lost. They may or may not remove the wrinkling -- but it is the only thing to try. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Implants for volume

Thank you for the question and for sharing information and photos. You seem to be a good candidate for breast implants. This procedure should help fill out the loose breast tissue. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations once completely healed. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Implants after lift

You would benefit from adding upper pole volume but given that the breasts are still relatively low and your propensity for skin stretching, must go conservative on any implants. You may need additional lifting as well.

Implants

Implants  will fill you out but the loose skin may still be a bit loose. You may need a better lift around them as well.  Best to see in person.

Implants

Implants would help give you more volume and fill up some of the sagging skin. However, I would suggest not going to large or heavy. Your surgeon can help guide you to the best size.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Need volume!

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to have a very nice result from the "anchor lift" but the loose skin suggests you may now be lacking volume. An implant can provide this. Many surgeons "stage" this type of surgery to protect the blood supply to the nipple, meaning do the lift first, and then come back several months later and add the implants. This is a very safe way to approach the issue. Speak to your surgeon and discuss the timing of the second surgery to safely provide the volume and fullness that you are seeking.

Will Breast Implants fill out loose skin?

The short answer is YES! It looks like you have a nice lift result, but you're still lacking volume. This is the most likely reason why your skin does look loose in the photos you have submitted. When the breast implants are placed they will fill out the emptiness. Bigger implants will fill out more than smaller ones and it will take an experienced plastic surgeon to tell you just what volume is best for you. To learn more look at the link below. Good luck! Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD