Are my implants botched? How to ensure "natural" looking drop after extremely tight postop bandage at center of breast? (Photos)

4dys post breast implants.. silicone, low projection, under muscle, crease incision. My implants look botched. My natural boobs are pointing down, there's flattening above nipple where extremely tight bandage was placed immed postop..the implants look too high and &projected, don't like this. Orig bandage was so tight breathing was hard until 3dys w/my complaints Dr replaced w/bandage at top of implants. I know dropping takes time, However, boobs look weird. Did bandage cause shape damage?

You will need another surgery

You will need another surgery.  Even with time the implants will never drop to where they are suppose to and they will never look like the photo/result you want.

Breast Implants - less than one week post-op

Seeing as how you are less than a week post-op from your breast augmentation it is entirely too early to judge your final results.  Implants placed under the chest muscle, sub-pectoral, can take 3-4 months to settle and for patients to see what we as surgeons see in the operating room.  

I would recommend following up with your operating surgeon to discuss your concerns, but keep in mind that you are still very, very early on in the recovery process and your breasts will continue to change as the muscle and tissue expands to accommodate the additional volume of the implant.  You might want to discuss breast massages or implant displacement exercised with your operating surgeon and follow up on whether or not a breast band is recommended to help facilitate the settling process of your implants.  

I hope you find this helpful and I wish you the best.

Breast implants

You are very early in the healing process and it can take 3-4 months minimum for them to settle. Best to follow closely with your surgeon. 

Breast implants

Hello and thank you for your question.  It much too early to judge.  As the implant settle over the next 10 weeks, I predict you will be much happier.  I recommend you share your concerns with your surgeon.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD