Breast implant without uplift? (photos)

I've lost a lot of weight which has left me with not so particularly nice breasts. I'm looking to have breast implants to improve the volume (would rather be a c/d cup), but would my breasts look ok with just implants and no uplift? I've had a consultation and was told it would be possible, but that my nipples would just be lower.

To Lift or Not To Lift

It depends if you are OK with where your footprint of your breast lies.  An implant with lift would be ideal unless a really large implant is used and your are ok with where your breasts currently lie.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift as well.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Droopy breasts

To answer your question reliably measurements and an exam are needed.  I think most women in your situation need a lift as well as an augmenttion, but it depends on what you are willing to accept.  If you aren't sure, you could have an augmentation and go back for a lift as a second procedure but be sure to plan financially and otherwise for that likely occurrance and it may be more expensive to do it that way.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the question. Based upon your photos you would most benefit from a breast lift with implants. Without a lift there is a chance that your nipples may end up lower than your implants (snoopy deformity) which is quite unattractive. 

Breast implant without uplift?

Thank you for your question and photographs. Unfortunately I think you will not obtain a satisfactory result with only implant placement. You have a significant amount of breast sagging and excess skin to your breasts that will not correct itself with implants alone. A lift will correct both of these problems while also placing your nipple and areola into an elevated more youthful position and improving your shape and contour. Hope that this helps.

Breast Implants with Breast Lift

By your photos, it would appear that you would benefit from a breast lift at the time of the breast augmentation.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgery would help determine what is best for you.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Need A Lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like a lift will be required in addition to placement of breast implants. I do not think you will achieve a satisfactory result with either augmentation or a lift alone. It is best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of their work. Hope this helps and good luck!

Breast Augmentation with Lift?

LeannePhysical exam would be optimal, but unless you wanted fairly large implants, some sort of lift would probably suit you best. After weight loss, or multiple pregnancies, it is quite common for breasts to pancake from loss of volume. You did a great job with the weight loss, now reward yourself with breast aug/lift, if you so desire. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with lost of experience with this surgery, because doing it in one stage well requires skill and experience. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Augmentation without lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  I highly recommend the lift with the implant.  Your nipples will definitely be facing south if you don't have the mastopexy as well.  This will not look aesthetically pleasing and you would most likely be returning for a lift later on.  

Chad Robbins, MD

BA alone or with lift?

Based on your history and pictures submitted, you would likely obtain the best result with both breast augmentation and a breast lift. Best advice is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you. We have found the use of Vectra 3 dimensional imaging helpful in patients like you to give you an idea of what you should look like after breast augmentation alone or in conjunction with a breast lift. Inquire if the physician you see has this technology which should help your decision making.