I would like to know if my breast augmentation looks normal 5 weeks and 6 weeks post op? (Photos)

I would like to know if my breast augmentation look normal 5week and 6week post op

Do My Implants Look Normal 5-6 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation?

Kudos to you for finding what appears to be a very, very good Board Certified plastic surgeon.  There are several variables that you haven't told us about which would help your RealSelf plastic surgery experts in differentiating between really good and almost perfect: route of entry, above or below the muscle, anatomic or round implants.

That being said, the bottoms of your breasts look almost perfect.  Your arms are lifted, and therefore, in one picture the nipples look absolutely even and in the other picture, a little off probably due to positioning of arms.  Finally, the superior lateral portion of your upper breast is still swollen and probably lifted away from your chest wall.  This should settle within the next 6 weeks giving you an even more natural appearance to your breasts.

Breast Augmentation 5 weeks Post Op

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent breast augmentation!

You are still very early in the healing process and I believe your concern arises from how high your implants appear on the chest wall.  Your implants, which appear to be below the chest muscle or subpectoral, will settle over the next 2-3 months as your muscle and skin/tissue stretch to accommodate the additional volume of your implants and I believe you will ultimately be very happy with your result.

Your results are to be expected for just over a month out from surgery, but the best evaluation can only be conducted based upon a physical in-person exam.  Please follow up with your operating surgeon to discuss your concerns and for best follow up care.  I hope this helps!

Stephen T. Greenberg, MD
Woodbury Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation 5 and 6 weeks post op

Thank you for the question and photos. Yes your result looks normal and very nice. 

It appears you have had the implants placed under your muscle and that's why they are high but will drop over the next few weeks. 

Congratulations you have a great result!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

I would like to know if my breast augmentation looks normal 5 weeks and 6 weeks post op?

Yes, he result looks very good at 5-6 weeks.  Expect that the implants will drop more and push or project the nipple areola forward over the next 2-3 months.  Right now your result looks very good.

Breasts at 5 and 6 weeks

At five and six weeks post-op your breasts look nice. The implants do look a bit high and you have to give them 3-4 more months to settle in. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you look really good. Please follow instructions from your PS

Ven Erella, MD

I would like to know if my breast augmentation looks normal 5 and 6 weeks postop?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your current results.  Your breasts look to be healing well with good implant position and symmetry which should only improve over the following several months as your tissues stretch and relax.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation looks normal?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Based on photographs, your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you and you have a very nice outcome thus far.  Best wishes.

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS