Will my breast augmentation results get better? (Photo)

I had droopy breasts and ddnt want a mastopexy to avoid the scars that come with it. My Dr. And I went for a breast augmentation in order to fill out the excess skin i had and get to a desired lift result. I do feel like my breasts are perkier, but i don't like how my nipples look (pointing outward) and i still feel that my breasts are wide apart although the surgeon had to close the pockets from the outer sides to get them closer. I don't feel like they are.Will my results change or get better?

Results change?

Results of breast augmentation do improve with time. In the photos, it looks like you're very early in the postoperative period and things should get better. However, breast implants alone will have little ability to create an actual lifting of the breasts and will not change your natural nipple position. I suggest you speak with your plastic surgeon about these concerns. Congratulations and best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Will my result get better

Thank you for your question and photographs.  My strong advice is that you wait a full 4-6 months before considering a final result to your surgery.  The implants do settle and you most likely still have swelling.  I wish you the best of luck.

Breast augmentation post op , some advices:

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Early postop

You are very early postop and you need to let things settle and for the implants to drop before evaluating the result. Keep in contact with your PS.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation results

Hello. You appear to be in the very early stage of recovery. You will not see much improvement in your outcome after 6 months. Keep a close relationship with your doctor and if you feel you desire further lift than what you achieved with implants alone, a lift is always an option. While you may not have been bothered by the position of your nipples before surgery, the addition of an implant can accentuate your natural anatomy and make this more visible after surgery. If your nipple position continues to bother you, this is also something that can be corrected with a lift in the future.

Renee Burke, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Post Breast Augementation

Thank you for you question and pictures. You are still very early in the healing process and the implants will drop some. Looking at your pre-op photos, your nipples were already further off to the side. Depending on the base width and projection and where they are placed, the nipples can be lateralized but I don't think that is the case here. Your nipples were lateralized pre-op and the only way to move them closer is with a mastopexy or lift. 

Matthew Becker, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Lift will likely be required

The tape is supporting your breasts but you will likely need a lift in the future as implants alone just add volume.

Post breast augmentation

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Post Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Judging by your photos you would have benefited from a mastopexy (breast lift) along with your breast augmentation surgery.  A breast lift consists of making an incision on the breast to remove excess skin, and then aims to move the nipple to a higher position, thus creating a tighter, uplifted appearance. Since your nipple/ areola were on the lower aspect of your breasts to begin with they will still sit in the same location with your new implants. At this point in time you are still very early in your healing process and it will take several weeks for your implants to settle and your swelling to resolve. Best wishes!

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - unhappy with result

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

You are early after surgery and things will improve as the implants settle in place and swelling subsides. However any surgical result will be affected by a patient's existing anatomy. Your before photos suggest that your nipples are naturally set a little wide and that your breasts are naturally separated. Surgery can not change the underlying postioning of our breasts on the chest.However as the swelling goes down, I expect you will see improvement and will be please.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS