Breast augmentation. To lift or not to lift?! (photos)

39 mother of two. Breastfed my two children for 3 years combined. I like the shape of my breast but want more volume and at least a full/large C cup. Hoping that I don't need a lift as well since I'm not crazy with the idea of additional scars.

Breast augmentation. To lift or not to lift?

You are a very good candidate for breast augmentation and would not need nor benefit from a lift IMO.  The fact that you've had two pregnancies indicates good distensibility of your tissues and when combined with your nice contouring and nipple position should result in an aesthetic and lovely result.  Just be careful not to go too large in selecting your size.  An upper C cup should provide good proportioning.  

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Bd of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, CA

Augmentation, No Lift

Thank you for posting the photo along with your question. It appears that you would be an excellent breast augmentation candidate and don't require a breast lift to meet your cosmetic goals. If you like the natural slope of your breast, I would recommend considering an anatomically shaped silicone gel implant for your procedure. When inserted behind the pectoral muscle, the results look very natural. Good luck.

Rocco C. Piazza, MD

Breast augmentation

Hi Rockyeocky101. Thank you for your question. Your breasts are still in great shape after breastfeeding 2 children and I think a breast enlargement alone will deliver the look you are hoping for - restoring lost volume and giving a perky youthful look. Good luck!

Breast Augmentation

Breast Augmentation is an excellent way to improve the fullness in the breasts after childbirth/breastfeeding, and I do feel that you could accomplish this without the need for a lift. Implants can be placed in a particular position so that the fullness will be improved and a slight lift will be achieved at the same time. Be sure to see a breast augmentation specialist for consultation.

Breast augmentation. To lift or not to lift?!

Hi Rockyeocky101,

Thank you for your question and photo.  I feel you are an excellent candidate for an augmentation without a lift, because your nipples are positioned above the lower fold of your breast.  If there is any doubt, you could also consider the newer anatomic implants as they provide a slight "lift" by placing more of the implant in the lower portion of your breasts.  Good luck, and you will look great no matter what you decide.

Hunter Moyer, MD

No lift

Your nipples are still well above the submammary crease, so you have no breast ptosis. You should have an excellent result with breast augmentation alone.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Options

You have very nice breasts and your breasts have done extremely well with pregnancy and breast feeding.  Your right nipple is slightly lower than your left and a small lift is only needed to make them more symmetrical.  I would suggest to you to just have implants to increase your size as some asymmetry between the breasts and nipples is normal.  So your options are to just have implants placed or to have fat transfer to your breasts which will give you about 1 cup size larger.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation vs lift

You seem to have nipple that are in a great position. Most likely, you would be a great candidate for augmentation alone. However, measurements during a consultation visit would strengthen that recommendation. If your nipples are at all asymmetric...in other words, one is lower or higher than another, a small lift (an incision around the nipple) may be required to achieve symmetry. Augmentation with an implant can sometimes make asymmetries more noticeable. Good luck!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

No lift needed

Based upon your photos, I am confident that you do not need a lift. I would strongly recommend that you obtain a picture of your desired results and present that to your surgeon, so they can best determine what is the implant you should receive.

Brent Birely, MD

Lift or not

You do not need a lift. You will be a good candidate for a breast augmentation and have the choice of both anatomical and round implants depending on what you wish to achieve.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon