How much would a breast augmentation cost me?

I was told that insurance doesn't cover cosmetic surgery unless it was health related so I was wondering how much would an breast augmentation procedure cost me with all fees included so I could know how much I need to save in order to pay?

Cost of breast augmentation

Dear smith530,
The cost of breast augmentation will vary based on many factors, including implant type, geography, surgeon experience.  The best thing would be to obtain several consultations with American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeons to get an idea of prices in your area.  Good luck!

Cost for breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. When you get a breast augmentation, the final price includes the cost of implants, time for anesthesia, time for the facility, and the surgeon's fee. For FDA approved silicone gel breast implants by a board certified plastic surgeon at a certified facility or hospital and anesthesia by a board certified anesthesiologist (not a nurse), you will pay close to $7000 (ranging from $6000-8000) --> these are the prices one can expect in the Orange County/Los Angeles area. People who charge much less than that are usually cutting corners somewhere along the way or have to lower their price to attract less savvy customers to make up for the quality of their work. I hope this helps and feel free to reach out to us if we can be of further service.

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Cost of Breast Augmentation

You are correct, insurance will not cover breast augmentation if it is purely cosmetic. The costs associated with breast augmentation vary greatly from east coast to west coast and even within the same city. For instance, in the Houston metro area, breast augmentation can cost between $5,500 - $8,000. This is dependent on the experience of the plastic surgeon, style and manufacturer of implants, facility fees, and anesthesia fees. I suggest that you consult with highly experienced board certified plastic surgeons in your area to determine the cost of surgery.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation prices can vary depending on what part of the country you live. In the Dallas/Ft Worth area, breast augmentations vary from $5500 to $9500. I recommend the you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Costs are going to vary from surgeon to surgeon. My best advise would be for you to find a couple of board certified plastic surgeons in your area whose breast work you like and call their offices for a quote. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast Augmentation

Breast augmentation cost does vary from region to region however the differences are minor. Meaning that for the small savings you could end up not satisfied. Pick a board certified plastic surgeon with much experience and get it done when you can afford it.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surger

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast augmentation - how much does it cose

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • You are correct - insurance will not pay for any cosmetic surgery, including breast augmentation.
  • The cost will range from about $5000 - $8000 on average.
  • Your surgeon's experience and the area affect cost - Manhattan tends to be expensive.
  • Implants affect cost - round saline implants are least expensive and shaped cohesive gel most expensive.
  • Using Exparel - a long lasting pain injection - adds about $1000 to the cost.
  • Financing is available in most plastic surgeon's office.
  • Above all, choose your surgeon by her/his quality - how you feel about that surgeon and don't base your decision just on price. 
  • Sometimes the lowest price is a true bargain - but at times it is a danger sign.
  • So choose your surgeon, not the price.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation cost

It depends on a number of factors like saline vs. silicone vs. gummy bear etc...  In general it should fall somewhere between $5,000-8,000.

The fees for breast augmentation vary depending on where you live and the experience and popularity of the surgeon. national average is $6300 but range is $5000-10,000.

Expect to pay over $7000 for the best most experienced surgeopn.