Breast augmentation, concerned about my breast shape (Photo)

Hello, I am 33, 5'4, a small 32B and I always felt uncomfortable about my breast shape (cone, low and puffy nipples). I am planning a BA but it makes no sense for me if it's to keep the same shape I don't like. I don't want huge fake looking breasts, just a fuller size with a natural look and feel. My main concern is the shape, I would like the nipples to be higher. Is it possible to change the shape and which size would you recommend in order to obtain something similar as my wish pics?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Good candidate for Breast Augmentation with implants

Thank you for submitting your photos.
You are good candidate for an implant procedure .As you have enough breast tissue,gel filled anatomical implants about 250-350cc can be used.Using implants will be the best decision for you. 
Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.Good luck

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

You can have a beautiful result with breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  You actually don't have bad breast shape.  The problem is that you have lost upper pole breast volume and it makes your nipples feel like they sit low on your chest as there is no breast volume up top.  You could have a great result with breast augmentation as implants will help give you a fuller/rounder look and fill out your upper pole, helping make your nipples appear like they are in the center of your breast mound.  Make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery.  I hope this helps and good luck!
Sincerely,
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Implant Choice

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation surgery and are having surgery at an optimal time as there are so many implant choices.  Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon and make sure to show these pictures regarding your goal look.  If possible work with a surgeon who using 3D imaging to show what your post-operative look will be on your specific body.
Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for your photographs. I believe you have  you have several options to consider which will give you a different and more desirable breast shape. Round silicone breast implants in the right size for your frame can deliver a natural looking result. You may also want to consider a shaped silicone breast implant. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon, together you can both decide the best way to proceed. Best of luck.…

Breast shape changes

Hello Gisele. I think there are several options you can consider which will give you a different and more attractive breast shape. Round breast implants in the right size for your frame can deliver a natural looking result but they also create excessive fullness at the top of the breast if you go too big. Consider also a shape breast implant for truly natural results as in your wish photos. See my photos in the link below for examples of different breast implants. Best, 
Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast augmentation, concerned about my breast shape

• Thank you for the question. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery, assuming you choose your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well. Given your concerns regarding breast shape it is likely that circumareolar surgery will be necessary to change the "puffiness" of the areola and overall breast shape.

• Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

• 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
  • In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or "fuller size" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
  • I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.