BR revision - major/minor event? (Photo)

Overall I am very happy with my reduction. However, I have 'Underboobs'?!! : ) It seems to be mainly extra skin. Do you think this could be taken care of under local anesthesia in an office situation? I healed quite quickly the first time. Would having another incision cross the first one greatly increase potential for wound issue? Are there potential medical issues that could arise in the future from keeping my 'under pair'? Thanks.

Dog ear at inframammary fold

A redundant skin fold at the end of an incision, or dog ear usually requires surgical skin excision to correct.  I usually try to do this during the initial surgery, if it presents itself - in order to avoid future surgical revisions.  For lollipop scar breast lifts, chasing the dog ear out by extending the scar into the outer breast fold usually leaves a dog ear free contour and a well hidden scar.  This can be done secondarily as well.  In a very stoic patient, local anesthesia alone is not unreasonable for something like this - But I usually would prefer to do it with at least some MAC anesthesia (AKA twilight sedation anesthesia).

Revision of the loose skin can be performed as an outpatient procedure.  Best of luck with your revision.

Breast Reduction Revision - major/minor event?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure.  You will find that practices will vary;  your plastic surgeon may have a different approach than what I would recommend.
 In my practice, I would likely perform your revisionary surgery under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. This is because there is a significant amount of excess skin/tissue on both sides;  I think you will be more comfortable having the procedure performed under more local anesthesia only.
 Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Revision of breast reduction

1) These could be removed under local anaesthetic. Might need to be done one at a time i.e. on different days as it may require too much anaesthetic if all done on one day. As long as you are up for it then it is probably possible.2) Another incision should not greatly increase the risk of wound issues.3) There are no medical issues in keeping the 'under pair' which is probably largely a skin fold.I hope that helps.

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon