Is Botox an option for my forehead wrinkles?

I have deep forehead wrinkles and was interested in trying botox. I visited one doctor who told me I wasn't a good candidate b/c I have a slightly droopy eyelid and that botox could make that worse. I appreciate the doctor being cautious and would not want to risk any more asymmetry in my eyes - but I wanted to get other opinions b/c I've also heard botox can actually help lift a droopy eyelid?

Botox for forehead

Often when you have deep forehead wrinkles it's because your eyelids droop. You are unconsciously lifting your lids with your forehead muscle.  For some patients botox is contraindicated, while for others additional botox to lift the brows can off set the drooping of the lids. I would recommend seeing a very experienced injector as a second opinion. If Botox  isn't the solution then you could consider eyelid surgery. Best of luck.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox For Frown Lines

If the frown lines are shallow, one can correct them with Botox alone. Botox works by temporarily weakening the muscles. This effect lasts about 3-4 months. Belotero and Restylane Silk are excellent hyaluronic acid fillers for deep frown lines. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise in this area.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Deep forehead wrinkles can be filled in with a low- viscosity such as Belotero®. As this is an advanced technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Botox for forhead wrinkles

Thank you for sharing your questions about Botox for horizontal forhead wrinkles. If performed properly, Botox injections can treat your forhead lines without causing droopy brows or eyelids. Make sure you see an "Expert Injector" to achieve best results with minimal risks. The eyebrow droop should be evaluated at the same time by an eyelid specialist. Good luck.

Botox

Hi aennyc

Thank you for your question.  Botox or any neuromodulator is great for correcting wrinkles in the forehead.  Botox placement is very important to avoid the eye droop.  Its best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or expert injector to avoid this and to have an in person examination.  This in turn would determine what would be best for you.  Best of luck

Botox and Forehead Wrinkles

Botox is fabulous for the forehead wrinkles. An experienced injector knows how to give Botox to the forehead without causing a lowering of the area.  "Baby Botox" accomplishes this treatment and I routinely practice the "less is more" philosophy.  Best, Dr. Green

BOTOX for Forehead Wrinkles

You can have Botox for your deep forehead wrinkles. I understand that you have a slightly droopy eyelid. I would see an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and inject your forehead using the correct amount of units and injection pattern to relax the wrinkles and not cause your eyelid to droop more. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Botox for forehead wrinkles

You would need to be examined to see if you have droopy eyelids and how much activity you have in your forehead muscles.  Eliminating all forehead movement can cause a lowering of the eyebrows which would make droopy eyelids worse.  A small amount of Botox may be appropriate for you to try and just soften your forehead movement.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for forehead wrinkles in a patient with droopy eyelid

A picture would help proper guidance.

An in person examination is best for you.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Botox and wrinkles

I think that you would need to be seen in person to determine what might be possible with the Botox and your issue with a droopy eyelid? eyebrow?