Will Botox still needed after face and brow with endotine lifts?

Usually, it is...

Surgery is used to lift sagging tissues not wrinkles. The results of surgery can last for many years, but the muscle continues to work, which can cause wrinkles. Therefore, Botox is usually still required to give the best long term result with respect to wrinkles. During browlift, some of the frowning muscle is removed, but it can grow back over time.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after brow lift

Botox may be needed after a brow lift. It depends upon what work is done in the brow lift. If muscles like the frontalis and corrugators are weakened in the brow lift, then you  may not need botox there anymore.

Do you need Botox after a facelift and brow lift?

The answer to your question is that it depends.  Botox can be used for a nonsurgical brow lift and if that's what you were using it for, you may not need it (at least for several years) after your surgery.  If you were using it for crow's feet and frown lines then you may still require Botox because in most cases these muscles will still move and can still create active creases after your lift.  

Many of my patients continue using Botox or Dysport after cosmetic facial surgery as a "maintenance" procedure.

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox after Brow Lift

The answer is maybe. A face & brow lift will be very beneficial, but Botox can be used to touch up and refresh certain areas. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox after a Browlift

While most browlifts are permanent correction of the forehead, some patients may still need Botox for a touch up.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Botox after Facelift

I have many patients who have Botox after a facelift since there are many areas, especially the brow and Crow's feet which can benefit from Botox.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox after brow lift

Thanks for reaching out.  The purpose of Botox is to deactivate certain facial muscles that cause wrinkles.  The brow lift will not achieve this.  So if your goal is to prevent further wrinkling of your forehead then Botox will still add a benefit to your facial rejuvenation.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Hello and thank you for your question. It depends on your facial anatomy and only an in-person examination could answer this.  If good technique is used, a facelift can be done with minimal scarring and can result in a natural look, not over-done look, with rejuvenation of your face.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD