Is botox for eyebrows okay for 21 year old?

My eyebrows are droopy. Especially when I smile. The distance between my eyes and eyebrows are fine, just the eyelid makes it like this, i think. But it really bothers me. That is why I hate smiling or laughing!! Do you think for a young girl it is okay to do botox? what are the side effects for my age?

BOTOX Can Lift Eyebrows

Thanks for your question, adrianaaa. Although it's tough to make a recommendation without a consultation or a photograph of your eyebrows, yes, BOTOX can theoretically lift your eyebrows for a noticeable improvement. Although BOTOX Cosmetic is typically meant for wrinkles, it also works well for temporarily lifting or adjusting facial features that are affected by muscle contractions. It's certainly not out of the question to undergo the procedure at your age. Because the results are temporary, you don't need to commit to your final result — simply wait a few months for results to wear off, or see your doctor for touch-ups as often as you like. Please see a board-certified specialist to know for sure. Best of luck!

San Diego Dermatologist

Botox options for 21 year old

If your eyebrows are droopy then botox may offer you a subtle lift to the eyebrow region.  Arrange a review with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your suitability. Its important to note that results only last three to four months so if you decide to proceed and you like the results, you will need regular botox treatments.

Botox for eyebrows okay for 21 year old

Thank you for your question.  Botox can give you a eyebrow lift.  Consult with a board certified injector to see if your a good candidate.  Best Wishes

Botox

A 21 year old can receive botox injections as long as you are a good candidate for the treatment. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox at 21

Thank you for your question. As long as you are a good candidate for Botox, 21 is an appropriate age.  Botox can lift the brows when injected correctly but needs to be done by a board certified injector.  Good luck, Dr. Bublik

Michael Bublik, MD

Botox for 21 year old

Hi Adrianaaa,

Thank you for posting your question. It is fine to inject at age 21 as long as you are a good candidate for treatment. This is hard to evaluate without any photos, so my suggestion would be to find a plastic surgeon in your area and consult with them. Botox can lift the brows when injected correctly but needs to be done by a professional with experience and one who understands facial anatomy. Good luck to you!

Dr. Michael J. Brown

Botox will work at any age, but that does not mean it is always the best approach

Adriana,

Botox will really work at any age, but it is a long-term commitment to maintain the results. Interestingly, if you begin paralyzing these muscles early, wrinkles will not form in the treated areas.  Nonetheless, it would be worthwhile for you to see a BC Plastic Surgeon to get an opinion at to whether that is the correct avenue for you to pursue, or whether alternative contouring approaches should be considered, or whether any intervention at all is warranted at this stage.  I would steer clear of Botox sales outlets, like Med-spas, where you are not going to be evaluated by a Plastic Surgeon, and where you are going to be offered Botox whether or not it is the best approach for you, as they will likely have nothing else to offer.  Just be sure to have a consultation first. I hope that this helps.  General information about Botox is linked directly below.

Thomas M. DeWire Sr., MD (retired)
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Botox for a 21 year old

Thank you for the question. Your age is certainly fine for receiving Botox injections. Botox works well for elevating the eyebrows. Make sure to see an experienced injector for your treatment, because sometimes the dropping of the brows can be made worse with Botox. Good luck.

When to start botox injections

Thank you for your question. There is no problem with you starting Botox injections at your age. This will be something you have to maintain every 3-4 months in order to see continued benefits. Speak to your plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this treatment. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Botox for a 21 year old

Hi and thanks for your question.  I don't see any problem with you getting Botox.  It is a very safe medication as long as it is used by a doctor who is trained in it's use.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon