Had Boltero injection in NASOLABIAL folds yesterday. I'm concerned about this mark? Is it a bruise? (photo)

What can I do to make it go away? I'm concerned.

Nasolabial Folds - Belotero injections

Thank you for your inquiry and for sharing a photo. Post injections (fillers) it is always a possibility to develop a small bruise, and from the picture you provided, that's exactly what it looks like. No need for concern or worry. This small bruise should resolve itself within a week or so. In the meantime you can easily hide it with a little foundation. Be sure to attend your follow up appointment with your injector. Regards,

Mark on face following injection of Belotero into nasolabial folds

Thank you for sharing your question. The mark looks like a small bruise which should resolve over the next week. See your doctor if there is any increasing pain. Cold compresses and Arnica may be of some benefit.
Good luck,

Bruise?

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Based on the photo, it looks most like a bruise, which should be painless and slowly resolve over about 2 weeks. 

Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruise from Filler

Thank you so much for your question. According to the picture I see its a small bruise. This is very common after any filler injection. Please allow 14 days for it to settle, and the bruising to go away. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your doctor. If you have any more questions I will also recommend for you to see set up a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to best answer your questions and best meet your goals.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruise will go away

From the photo, it appears to be a bruise from the injection.
This can be covered with concealer and will go away with time.

Swelling/Bruising/Lumpiness (early) from Fillers

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

How can i get this mark to go away after Belotero injection?

This appears to be a small bruise from the injection. I suggest a little arnica gel and avoid rubbing this area. It should resolve quickly. In the future avoid all aspirin or other OTC blood thinners one week prior to any injection.

Sharon J. Littzi, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Arnica Is Your Best Bet

Yes, looks like a small bruise. That's unfortunate, but it should heal up soon. In the future, I'd recommend starting Arnica either the day of or day before any procedure. Hopefully it's improved already!

Patrick W. Blake, MD
Encinitas Dermatologist

Injection Bruising

It appears from your picture that the spot you are concerned about is a superficial bruise and can occur wether you use a needle or cannula since the vessel is usually very superficial within the skin. Arnica, either orally or topically can be helpful or Bromelain (enzyme found in Pineapple juice)
The bruise should last roughly a week and will fade on its own with no further treatment needed

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Belotero and Nasolabial Folds NYC

It appears that you have a bruise in the area being treated. Arnica and pineapple help with bruising. You can have VBeam laser to help reduce this bruising.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green