Board certified plastic surgeon.

where can I find board certified plastic surgeons for liposuction. I got consultation at sono bello, but not from the plastic surgeon.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling your consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

How to find the right physician for your liposuction

Sono Bello, in my experience, offers consultations with a non-medical sales consultant who routinely recommends liposuction without involving a physician in the decision and sale of the procedure.This is a medical procedure that is not the best option for everyone who seeks it. The decision to have liposuction should only be made after a thorough consultation with a physician who is experienced in performing liposuction, and knows when not to do liposuction if it's not the right procedure for you.Most don't realize that the method of performing tumescent local anesthesia liposuction for awake patients without general anesthesia was invented by a dermatologic surgeon and not a plastic surgeon. In the early years of my liposuction practice (I've done many thousands of liposuction since 1995) very few plastic surgeons were willing to do liposuction by the purely tumescent method, now recognized as the gold standard for liposuction.RealSelf is a great way to search for a physician, who is part of the "core" of aesthetic physicians, such as plastic surgeons and dermatologic surgeons, who perform liposuction. Read the questions and answers they've submitted, make appointments with several to ask questions about experience and results, and to have a consultation with the physician, not a sales consultant.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Finding Board Certified Plastic Surgeons

There is a listing of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons on the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and right on this site. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if liposuction is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!