What's a bmi what do I need to do before this precision

Which is better of hearing that breast implants or tummy tuck what should I get done first

Mommy Makeover - Weight Loss Before Surgery

Thank you for your question. Body Mass Index (BMI) is calculated based on your height and weight and is used to classify if you are normal, overweight, or obese. A higher BMI directly correlates with increased surgical risk. It is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery. Please have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps.

BMI

Thank you for your question regarding BMI and as it relates to surgery.  Body Mass Index (BMI) is a rough measure of body fat.  Ideally, a patient's BMI should be below 25 for cosmetic surgery for optimal results.  My cutoff is usually a BMI no higher than 30 so as to minimize potential complications.  You can find BMI calculators on the internet.  

You can have both surgeries - implants and tummy tuck - done at the same time.  The combination of procedures is often referred to as a Mommy Makeover.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Hope this helps.  Best wishes!

What is BMI

Thank you for asking about your BMI.

• A BMI is a figure based on your height and weight that indicates how much 'mass' is in the body.
  • The higher the BMI usually, the fatter the person is.
  • A BMI below 25 includes people of normal weight or a bit heavy.
  • Above 35 - the person is so heavy as to be at increased risk for surgery.
  • Above 45 - an out-patient surgery center won't put a person to sleep - the risks require hospital care.
  • You can calculate your own BMI by going on-line and entering your height and a recent accurate weight.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

BMI

Thank you for your question.  BMI is body mass index and is a measurement based on your weight and height.  A higher number indicates more obesity and a higher risk for surgery.  In my practice, I do not perform elective cosmetic procedures on individuals with a BMI over 35.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

BMI and mommy makeover surgery.

BMI is a measurement of the amount of fat is a function of total body mass. A BMI over 35 is considered a very unhealthy situation. Patients with a BMI under 25 make the best candidates for mommy makeover surgery.

Thank you for your question.  BMI refers to body mass index and is used to quantify the health of patients for elective surgical procedures. In most instances, as BMI increases the risk of surgical complications also increases.  If your surgeon determines you to be safe for surgery and you do not want to have both procedures done at the same time, then the choice of which procedure to do first is your own. Best wishes