Is my blepharoplasty incision healing normally? (Photo)

I had asian eyelid surgery and I am 28. It has been exactly 2 weeks . The incision reddens when I wash my face. It was initially also not reacting well to ointments, which I stopped at around 1 week. Stitches were removed on day 7.

It should get better

In the context of having had inflammation, allergic reactions, etc the incision often look red and bumpy for 2 to 8 weeks.  Give it time and don't use scar gel or vitamin E as this might irritate things.  Give it time and check in with your surgeon.  Occasionally steroid injections plus 5-FU can be helpful if needed.

Chase Lay MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian blepharoplasty

at two weeks postop your incisions may feel lumpy and bumpy. You can use vitamin e oil or a scar gel to reduce redness. It is also important to stay out if they sun. If your symptoms persist, check in with your surgeon.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon