Will a blepharoplasty erase my epicanthic folds?

Considering that my epicanthic folds are very slight, is it possible to keep them even after a blepharoplasty?

Epicanthal folds

Be sure to discuss details with your surgeon so that you will achieve your aesthetic goals. See someone who has high volume experience with eyelids. This could be a general plastic surgeon who limits surgery to the eyelids and face - or - an oculoplastic surgeon who has intensive training in eyelid surgery. If  you would like to keep your folds, yes - you may keep them. Best wishes on your consultations and your decisions.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid folds

The epicanthal folds should not be affected by blepharoplasty.  To discuss the specifics of your circumstances, see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. Best wishes.

Blepharoplasty should not affect epicanthal folds.  Epicanthal folds can be improved through epicanthoplasty, if desired.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD