Do I need a BL? (Photos)

I plan on getting BA next month, I want to know if I would also need a BL?

Lift vs implant

If you want your breast fuller and are happy with the shape of them, then an implant will be fine. Keep in mind an implant will only "fill our breast up" it will not "lift them up". They will look just like they do now, they are just bigger and fuller with an implant only. If you feel this will meet your goals, then an augmentation should be fine. If you are unhappy with the position of your breast and feel they are too low, then an implant will likely not satisfy you and you will want to consider the lift. A lift will "lift them up" and put them in a higher position, change the size of the areola and "lift" them off of your chest. Often times both of these procedures are combined to achieve an optimal result. By lifting them and adding volume, the breast will not only sit higher on your chest but will also have the nice fullness from the implant.

Dr Scott Ennis

Do I need a BL?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which demonstrate pseudoptosis, it appears that you would do well with a breast augmentation alone with the dual plane method.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast implants alone will give you good results

According to the pictures you posted, I believe you will get a nice result from a breast augmentation alone. To see before and after photos of women similar to you who have had this approach, click on the link below. For more information on this and similar questions, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Breast Lift?

You do have glandular ptosis but a dual plane breast augmentation may be all that you need. Find a very experienced board certified plastic surgeon and have two different consults. To understand the risks please read below:

In my opinion you do not need a lift.  Just a  high profile implant will push out and look great. You nipple is not below the fold.  Just a well placed implant should do the trick. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Do I need a BL?

Thank you for your question and photos.  No online reviewer can make a diagnosis or give treatment recommendations  without more information and a physical examination.  In my practice many women have this same question.  Without knowing what one's goals are it is hard to answer.  First, what is the goal, how much larger does the patient want to be?  Is one looking to be perkier, or larger, or both?  These are the types of questions that should be answered prior to any surgery.  If a person is really only interested in being perkier then a lift alone may suffice, if on the other hand, one wants to be minimally augmented then one may need both implants and a lift.  Always start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a BL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD