Do You Think I Will Benefit from Kybella? (Photo)

Heard about Kybella and very keen to know if it will help with my case. If I know it will be help I will go for it. Please let me know your opinion. I'm 36 yr old and fit. I have also heard about neck lipo but this is less invasive. Thanks

Kybella is good for submental fat

Kybella is a great treatment option for people with submental fat under the chin and good skin tone, which you appear to have. An in-person consultation is necessary to make sure that you are a good candidate, however. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist who is experienced in performing Kybella injections for an evaluation and to come up with an appropriate treatment plan. 

San Diego Dermatologist

Treating Double Chins with Kybella

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin. Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out. A consultation with a skilled Kybella-trained provider will help determine if you are a candidate for the Kybella injections.

#doublechintreatments #Kybelladestroysfat #Kybellatreatments

Benefiting from Kybella Treatments

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin. Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out. Expertly-trained providers can suggest a calculated amount that will give optimal results.

#Kybellareducesfat #doublechintreatments #Kybelladestroysfat

Kybella Candidacy

Thank you for your question mr market. You may be a great candidate for Kybella as Kybella addresses "double chin" permanently. You are right in indicating that Kybella is less invasive. It is also a short in-office treatment with a minimal recovery time featuring little to no discomfort. Please consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Info

Kybella is an injection that has been recently approved by the FDA to help improve the appearance of fullness associated with the submental fat of the neck in adults. Young adult males, like yourself, with minimal excess fat and good skin tone are usually good candidates.

During a Kybella treatment, the neck is first cleaned and numbed with topical lidocaine. A pattern is drawn on the neck and the product is injected into the fat pad - dissolving the fat. The body then absorbs the fat over several weeks. There is swelling, bruising, and some numbness in the area during this time. The injections are usually done once a month and it can take 2 to 6 treatments to reach full effect depending on the severity of the fat.

The cost is variable depending on the amount of fat to be treated but ranges from $1500 to $1900 per treatment. Looking at your photos I would imagine you would be at the lower end of this spectrum. Effective alternatives for submental fat removal include liposuction and direct excision. 

A detailed examination will help delineate the best option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
All three will give you some skin tightening.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella and Good Candidate

From your photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for Kybella.  It appears that it would take two to three series of injections to dissolve your double chin.  The new Cool-mini by Zeltique also is highly effective at reducing this submental fat permanently.  Please consult a board certified physician who has a great deal of experience with Kybella for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Do You Think I Will Benefit from Kybella?

Kybella® deoxychloric acid injections were FDA-approved in the summer of 2015 as the definitive way to non-surgically dissolve fat in the neck. Please see a Kybella® certified physician to ensure the best possible result.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Great candidate for Kybella!

Based on your photos, it does appear that you are an ideal candidate for Kybella. Kybella is the only FDA approved injectable drug used to treat the submental fat that causes a double chin. It destroys the fat cells and prevents the fat from reaccumulating. It has produced amazing results and is associated with very little downtime, with most going to work the next day. Depending on how much fat is in the submental region, the typical number of treatments ranged from 2-4 for maximal results. Theoretically, the fat cells that are destroyed do not regenerate so it is considered a long lasting treatment.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

When I meet with my patients I describe the optimal patient submental (below chin) area, no excess skin and no medical problems are ideal candidates. You appear to have all the right attributes for the Kybella injections. You would have to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with Kybella prior to starting your sessions. Hope this helps. 

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon