Does Belotero really minimize the risk of tyndall effect?

i had restylane injections w a oculoplastic surgeon (just two and one ml on each side) and she said she would inject as deep as she could. i am discouraged because a month later and my dark circles look worse. there wasnt really any visible countour benefit, but i think i have tyndall. i am discouraged as i feel my skin is too thin for fillers and i don't want to do fat grafting. does belotero really minimize the risk of tyndall if injected deep enough?

Darkness following injections of dermal fillers into tear troughs

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Without evaluating you in person, it is not possible to determine the cause of your darkness. Restylane and Belotero usually do not cause the Tyndall effect. Make an appointment with an export injector familiar with the delicate tissues around the eye.
Good luck,

Belotero and Tyndall Effect

The Tyndall effect is due to refraction of light through different media of tissue and can result from any type of product that is injected under the very thin skin of the lower eyelids near the tear trough. However, Belotero is the "thinnest" of the hyaluronic acid based products and the refraction coefficient is not very different and less likley than the other products to cause this effect. Technique is VERY important here and the principles of optical physics apply to the Tyndall effect. 

Belotero for Under Eyes

Belotero is the only filler for the under eye area which usually does not product the Tyndall effect.  Without posting photos it is difficult to ascertain if you are a candidate.  This delicate area under the eyes is the area that you must see an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Belotero and Uses -- Fine Lines, Lip Lines, Crepe Skin, Neck Wrinkles, Eye Hollows, Forehead Lines

Belotero does decrease risk of tyndall, however, you can still get swelling and there are people who get swelling in the under eye area that makes the are look worse so reversing the filler would be your best option or consider venus legacy RF treatments to decrease the swelling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane under eyes

Thank you for your question.  If the dark circles look worse, I would return to your doctor to assess if there is a tyndall effect, need for more product, or dark circles for another reason.  In my opinion, Belotero Balance has reduced occurrence of tyndall effect although it can still happen with it as well.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Need recheck

A recheck with your doctor will help.  An exam will help determine the cause of your dark circles and if there is tyndall effect from the restylane, or if superficial injections of Belotero can help.