Belotero for genetic blue-red dark circles? 'No Contour irregularity'. They're hereditary & have always looked the same, 30YO.

My eye contour has not changed since my teen years & I have NO shadows cast/fat loss. My darkness is due to my transparent fair skin. I can see blue veins beneath sorta, & the inner corners are bluish-red because the skin is see-through. I know most tear trough fillers are placed on the bone to correct contour-related shadows, but what about my transparent skin? Is it safe for belotero to be injected superficially to increase the space between the skin surface & blood vessels/muscle?

Belotero and Eyes

It sounds as if you would not benefit from Belotero since there is no tear trough to fill.  An in office consultation is really the only way to assess this situation however.  Best, Dr. Green

Best Treatment for Under Eye Discoloration

For the issue you described, the most effective treatment is a long pulse Nd:YAG laser vs. a resurfacing laser to the lower lids.  Belotero and other fillers do not address the actual cause of the appearance you describe. 

Good luck,
Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon