Are these before and after photos a realistic result of chin implant and rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I am interested in a chin implant and rhinoplasty. I am curious if these photos are a realistic before and after for these surgeries. My top priority is the chin implant. Would this be adequate to receive the result I am looking for? Or would a more extensive mandibular surgery be required? I work in sales so having a swollen/bruised face is not ideal. What would be an approximate cost and downtime for both surgeries vs just the chin implant? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty & chin implant

Thank you for your question.The expectations you have, i believe are quite reasonable. When looking for a plastic surgeon, make sure they are a member of The Rhinoplasty Society and are board certified in both Otolaryngology and in Plastic Surgery to obtain the best results possible. A consultation with a full facial and nasal examination would be necessarily to give you precise recommendations and a proper chin implant size to give you the results you desire. The RealSelf national average for a Rhinoplasty it would cost between $7,000 to $8,000 and a chin implant would be between $4,000 and $5,000. When multiple procedures are being performed most offices, as well as my own, will offer a discount to the overall combined costs. In regards to bruising and swelling post op, It is very important to remember it takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. Icing and an oral steroid will also be beneficial for swelling in the chin area.

I hope this helps! Good luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant...

Your imaging does show reasonable expectations. A chin implant is always preferred to mandibular surgery because it is so much easier and has minimal risk of complications. The combination with rhinoplasty can bring a balanced appearance to your face, especially from the side profile. The cost for both procedures can vary from surgeon to surgeon but may average around $8500, and down time is 7-10 days for the combined procedure versus just 7 days for the implant alone.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augmentation and Rhinoplasty

I think that both the rhinoplasty and chin augmentation results you are demonstrating are realistic. Both changes are not extreme and would fall into the range of average results that one could expect to achieve.

Rhinoplasty, Chin implant

Rhinoplasty and chin implant will certainly be able to reshape and create more definition to your face. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your face, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  A chin implant can be performed at the same time.  I highly recommend a medpor implant with screw fixation.  Silicone chin implants tend to undergo malrotation over time.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty for the large nose and weak chin?

Your goals are achievable if done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses and not the overdone look. The cost will vary depending on time and anesthesia etc.but should be between $9-12,000.

Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty for Male Patient

You are insightful in that (judging from your photo) you could benefit from a chin implant and rhinoplasty. The subtle details are what we plastic surgeons can provide for you.  As a sketch, your "after" shows that you would like a more proportionate profile; however, it's not 100% of what it could be. This conversation is best had in a consultation, one-on-one with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Please do your research and choose wisely, looking for someone with many years of experience in rhinoplasty surgery, an excellent education, and positive reviews.  I personally like to place the chin implant with the intra-oral approach so that no visible scars exist.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The combination of a rhinoplasty and chin implant is very frequently performed in our practice. The digitally altered photographs do appear realistic by someone experienced with both procedures. Anticipate two weeks of visible bruising and swelling for the chin implant and a rhinoplasty procedure. Chin implants can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure, or under general anesthesia in combination with the rhinoplasty procedure. For our current price list and many rhinoplasty/ chin implant combination before and after results, please see the video and the link below

Are these Results Realistic for Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant?

The results you show for rhinoplasty and chin implant are very realistic. Cost will vary depending on what  is necessary to achieve the desired nasal results, whether or not you o both operations, and what anestheic is used. Your fees will be in the $8,000-12,000 range.