Is it okay to sit at work after Brazilian Butt Lift procedure?
Doctor Answers 5
Sitting after BBL
Double board certified
All the best,
You might also like...
BBL Post-op Sitting
So you are 11 days post op, back to work, and you want to sit down. Sitting for 20 minutes at a time is good interval with activity of 5 minutes in between to reduce DVT formation. But remember your fat grafts are not completely immobile for up to 2 months and can be moved with pressure from your body weight.
Experience with facial and BBL fat grafts in practice and current literature supports the thought that the low oxygen state of the fat graft send signals to stem cells for new cell growth and new blood vessel growth into the low oxygen area. Anything that would decrease oxygen supply to the area would delay growth and cause more reabsorption on the fat grafts.
A few of the research supported factors that would delay oxygen supply to the grafts include:
Decrease blood circulation due to blood pressure changes:
- body weight compression ( Sitting and lying) greater than systolic blood pressure (main cause of nursing home bed soars)
- decreased blood supply form generalized hypotension
- nicotine ( one inhalation of puff of a cigarette will constrict vessels for 16 hours)
- caffeine (watch your tea, 5 hour energy, decaf, chocolate)
- A diet rich in green vegetables has been proven to reduce the ability for new blood vessel branches to grow into the low oxygen area
I hope this helps. Wish you well, and a quick recovery.
Brazilian butt lift
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Las Vegas, NV
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.