Is this baldness? Am I a good candidate for hair transplant? (Photos)

Background info: Im 22. I have no hair loss nor in my family. I have a large forehead measuring about 8cm, i wish to lower it to at least 6.5cm. I believe its traction aleopecia because my hair style demands that i frequently pull my hair.Every few minutes or so i have to comb my hand through the front of my hair to make it look semi-nice... ive been doing this since the age of 8, so i suppose that overtime it has damaged my hair..?could it? Question: Does everybody thin by 22? By how much? Ty

Photos do not show you are bald. You may be losing hair but there is no baseline or examination to figure out

Photos do not show you are bald.  You may be losing hair but there is no baseline or examination to figure out what is going on.  It is best to see a doctor for an examination.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

you appear to have hair loss in the frontal region. Hair loss is genetic. Not everyone thins by 22. Your best bet is to have a thorough consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can discuss with you options for nonsurgical therapy, examine your scalp, and provide short term and long term treatment plans.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Is it baldness, and am I a candidate for hair surgery?

confusedRose,

It does look like there is significant thinning in a Norwood III pattern. Propecia should be considered for a therapeutic trial. Alternatively there are other very effective treatment options including PRP and Lasercap therapy.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss?

You appear to be developing a Class 3 hair loss pattern.  Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant

Thank you for sending images. In general, 22 is a young age to have a hair transplant. It does appear you have some thinning along the frontal forelock. Changing your styling to be less traumatic to the hair would be my first recommendation. In addition, there are non surgical ways to rejuvenate the hair such as minoxidil, light therapy and PRP. I would recommend consulting with a physician who focuses on hair restoration for a complete examination and discussion of the options.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon