Where could I get a list of board certified doctors in New York who do CoolSculpting?

Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 11

Board-certified physicians who provide #CoolSculpting

Dear 'cemelot:'

You'd think there would be a list of CoolSculpting providers who are also board-certified in dermatology, and plastic surgery, wouldn't you?  But there isn't!  Unfortunately, you may have to do a little investigative work.

When CoolSculpting was first introduced, Zeltiq wisely vetted dermatologists and plastic surgeons and chose just nine dermatologists and one plastic surgeon to introduce the device to the New York area. (I was fortunate to be chosen as one of those 10, and therefore have accrued considerable experience and developed an understanding of the importance of body sculpting and the concept of treatment to completion when planning CoolSculpting treatments.) These ten were all board-certified.

But today, there are many more offering the procedure. It is probably best to go to the CoolSculpting website and see who is in your area, and then look at their websites to check out their credentials before deciding who to consult. You may wish to look at some of their online videos as well. It can be helpful to see someone who has all of the available applicators as well, so that your treatment can be fine-tuned with the best applicators for your body type and areas that you wish to treat.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Dr. Clark

New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Locating a board-certified plastic surgeon that offers CoolSculpting

Hi, there!  I appreciate your question, as it is a very important one!  Seeking consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon is very important when considering any body contouring procedure to ensure optimal results without ever compromising your safety.  The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) website offers many great resources for patients considering plastic surgery, including a searchable database of board-certified plastic surgeons to locate a qualified provider near you.

Best of luck!
Dr. Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 93 reviews

Board Certified Doctors in New York who do CoolSculpting?

CoolSculpting has a "find a doctor page" on their website that can help locate a doctor in whatever city you may be in. My preference, is to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's office to administer the treatments. CoolSculpting is an excellent modality. The Plastic Surgeon can also perform liposuction and abdominoplasty, (tummy tuck), which may be a better modality for you. ASPS and ASAPS members are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.  Their websites are a good place to check the credentials.  Best to see a couple of offices before treatment. State your reasonable goals and expectations, and together you should be able to come up with a plan that will be beneficial.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Board Certified doctors doing CoolScupting for fat reduction in NYC

If you google CoolSculpting you will find a link to a referral site based on your city.
 You may find a practice close to you and then ask the receptionist for the doctor's qualifications.  Furthermore, please realize that not all practices are alike. In my NYC practice, only doctors apply the CoolSculpting applicators to our patients. In some practices of board certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons, the doctor delegates the procedure to a paraprofessional. So you have to do your research as the company's referral center may not refer you to exactly the individual you want to see.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews


The first step is to go the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Those who are listed are all board certified by the strictest board in the country.  Click through to a web site of a nearby doctor, and then you can see if they offer CoolSculpting.

You can also start on the CoolSculpting website.  See attached link I've included for you.

Reza Momeni, MD FACS
Summit Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

CoolSculpting question

Thank you for your question.You can go to coolsculpting.com to find doctors in your area that perform cool sculpting treatments. From there I would go to individual doctor's websites to find out what kind of doctor they are and if they are board certified. You may want to inquire if the doctor is involved with the consultation and on the day of treatment as well. Good luck. 

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

CoolSculpting & Board Certified Doctors

I agree with Dr. Abrahimi.  The results of CoolSculpting are directly related to the involvement of a board certified, skilled physician with body contouring experience.  In many locations, it is not the doctor who evaluates you and plans your treatment, but a technician.  While my nurses are excellent, experienced members of my team, they do not evaluate the patient or plan the treatment; only I do that.  Check out your doctor's credentials at the American Board of Medical Specialities (link below), see if they are experienced with body contouring, and find out if they will be the one to evaluate you, decide if you are a good candidate, and plan your treatment. 

Mario Loomis, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Board certified doctors for Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  There are two sources that I would recommend to find a board certified doctor that performs Coolsculpting:
1. plasticsurgery.org - This is the site for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and has a directory of board certified plastic surgeons that can be searched geographically to find one in your location.  It only lists board certified surgeons.
2. Coolsculpting has a website that aloows you to search locations in your area where the procedure is performed.  It doesn't only list board certified doctors, so you would need to combine this with another source as well.
Best of luck with your Coolsculpting.
Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 71 reviews

Coolsculpting procedure

The Coolsculpting website by the company has a directory of all the places that offer the procedure. If you are asking for places where the doctor will personally evaluate you and perform the procedure, then you will need to call around and specifically ask this. In my office, I personally evaluate and perform the Coolsculpting procedure on my patients. This is the model that is performed at Massachusetts General Hospital where Coolsculpting was invented by Harvard dermatologists. However the involvement of the physician varies tremendously from place to place and it is my opinion that experienced physician involvement does translate to better results.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 26 reviews


There are two ways to find a board certified dermatologist who does Coolsculpting. You can look on the Coolsculpting web site to see if they were trained by the company and then you need to check to see if the physician is board certified. It is important to do your research. I have been doing Coolsculpting for years and you want to find a physician that is experienced. 

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.