Asian man concerning--septal cartilage graft for nasal tip (Photo)

I have done my septal cartilage graft for the nose tip and alar reduction about 4.5months ago in south Korea.I still not happy with the result.I'm not sure if my tip is still swollen (looks a lot bigger than before the surgery)or it's just the way it looks now.The doctor told me to be patient as time goes it will look betterThis is really bothering me; I don't know what to do and I'm kinda losing my faith on him.So can any doctors please give me some advice according the pics that i've attached.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. I agree with your surgeon in that it can take up to 12 months for the nose to heal. Many patients experience noticeable signs of improvement immediately after surgery and most patients find improvement after 3-4 months, however, it takes the nose a full 12 months to heal. Please remain patient and follow your surgeon's recovery guidelines so that you can revisit the appearance of your nose after 12 months. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asi

Hi,

5 months post-op is a little early to assess results. However, its difficult to make a good assessment without examining your nose. If you still have doubts, you should get a second opinion from surgeon that performs ethnic  rhinoplasty. Unfortunately since your surgeon is in Korea, its not easy for you to visit him for a real evalution.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD