Please analyse my nose. Would you recommend a revision? (Photo)

I had a nose job 8 years ago... no tip work. Now I feel my tip does not match my bridge. Should I now get a tip plastic?? Possible alar and hanging columella????

revision rhinoplasty/ chin implant candidate

From the one side profile, it appears that there's a bulbous tip present, a hanging columella, and a weak chin profile. A revision rhinoplasty can accomplish reduction of the hanging columella and reduction of the bulbous tip. Consider a chin implant for the weak and recessive chin profile, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. For more information and many before-and-after examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Revision rhinoplasty

The unfortunate thing is that the nose is not pretty. It can be. The columella is too low and the tip lacks projection. This can be corrected with a revision.

Also, you would benefit greatly from a chin augmentation with a silastic implant.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

It is very hard to analyze your nose with only one view.  Best to show more photos or better yet be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Nasal revision

This is a personal matter -- it is up to you not the surgeon as to weather you need a revision or not. You need to be seen and evaluated to know what can be done for you. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Secondary Rhinoplasty for Nasal Deformity

The photograph you submitted shows a nose that does have some aesthetic issues and CAN be improved with secondary surgery.  Consult a surgeon who performs a good number of secondary rhinoplasty operations and then decide if it is right for you.  

Jay Calvert, MD, FACS

Thanks for your question. To really answer the question an in person evaluation and exam is required. That being said from the picture you submitted I can definitely see room for refinement of the nasal tip and would require a revision. It would likely involve refinement of the shape, increasing the projection and helping it "match" the rest of your profile. The next step for you is to select a revision rhinoplasty specialist and have an in depth conversation about risks, benefits and expected outcomes.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Its YOUR opinion that matters

I doubt any reasonable plastic surgeon would strongly encourage you to have additional surgery based upon the photo you order to get a sense of whether or not a revision is reasonable or not, the best strategy is to visit several experts and have a thoughtful evaluation and examination....

you will need to gain the confidence that your surgeon has the skills and aesthetic judgment to accomplish what you feel you want/ your homework and be sure that your revision rhinoplasty surgeon has:

1. many years of rhinoplasty practice experience 2. judgment and techniques that have evolved over time 3. a practice focused on rhinoplasty  4. a willingness to do difficult, secondary and reconstructive cases 5. an interest in teaching others how to evaluate and do rhinoplasty properly 6. a willingness to share rhinoplasty resume, photos and patient experiences with prospective patients