Allergic reaction to hyaluronidase- any alternatives to get rid of filler? (Photo)

I had a horrible allergic reaction to the hyaluronidase in which my entire face swelled up to about four times its normal size. However, I sadly still have the unwelcome filler which did not get completely dissolved. I want to go and try to get it dissolved again, but I'm terrified. Is there an alternative to hyaluronidase which perhaps would not cause an allergic reaction? Or am I screwed for life? I have had this filler above my lip present for the past year and a half and its not going away.

Doctor Answers 1

Swelling after Hylenex

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

We should start by determining which Hyaluronidase was injected. There are different types and different techniques. I would suggest my Hidef technique after determining your allergy risk. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.