Is alarpasty the right choice for me? If so how much would it cost? (photos)

I have been told that I have a good side profile. But my nose seems a bit wide frontal wise. I have been been doing some research and it seems alarplasty would be the best option. What do you think?

Thanks for your question.There is a great deal of terminology used on this site that has little meaning. Alarplasty.In my career, 40+ years, I have never used it while speaking to patients. I just looked in a 2 volume text book, on rhinoplasty, by Mark B.Constantian and the word "alarplasty" is not in the index.It is a vague term meaning some sort of plastic operation on the alae or alar cartilages; I don't know which.
However if you are interested in changing the flaring nostrils, making them narrower and elliptical, that could be done. A better name for this procedure is an alar wedge or alar base excision or even, a Weir excision.This involves an external excision of skin at the junction of nose and cheek.Yes, there will be a scar. These scars usually heal with minimum or no visibility.It can be done under local anesthesia for less than $5,000.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

It is helpful if the entire face could be seen to see how balanced your face is. An alarplasty can be done form any different reasons and may accomplish your goals, but you need to be seen in person.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from an alarplasty to decrease the width of your alar base. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Your nose

`It looks like an alarplasty will help -- you need to be seen in person to know what the cost would be. That is why we offer a complimentary consultation. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.  Finally, the investment for this procedure rounds
$3,000 USD Standard package 
$4,350 USD "All Inclusive Package".
Ps: currently there are important limited seasonal offers with which you can get even better price. 
For more information please contact us and ask for our Limited Discount Coupons. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD