Has anyone of you augmented and widened upper bony nose bridge successfully?

I'm starting to be desperate. I have not found any pictures of anyone who has widened nose bridge.

widening a nasal bridge

It is possible to widen a narrow nose which includes reverse osteotomies and placement of  spreader graphs to hold the nasal bones in the newr and more open/ wide position. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

You Certainly Can Augment and Widen the Bridge of the Nose

You don't see many pictures of this because the great majority of people looking for a rhinoplasty are actually looking for some narrowing or straightening of the upper dorsum, not widening.  The process however, is still the same.  You can widen and raise the dorsum just like you can narrow and lower it.  If you are raising it, you very well may need some grafting material (usually cartilage).  It depends on how much of a change you are looking for.  Make an appointment to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a consult.  Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Bridge Augmentation

The combination of raising the height of the radix (upper nasal bridge) and widening it as well is a very uncommon form of nasal augmentation. That particular combination almost always requires a implant that is so designed to do so. It is like putting a saddle on the upper nose. It is ideally done using a custom made implant from the patient't 3D CT scan.

This can be done without any problems, Is not really common unless is a secondary  surgery or in a person with strong breathing problems but yes It can be done. 

view case #10 of my gallery, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Hello and thank you for your question. Spreader grafts can widen the dorsum in the right patient.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Widening bony dorsum

This is done by performing complete osteotomies of the nasal bones and then inserting packing or support material underneath them to keep them in place while healing. You probably haven't seen many photos of this because it is not done very often. Most people need this part of the nose narrowed in general. 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist