How does the after rhinoplasty process work? (photos)

I really wanna get one but I don't know if the results I want are possible, still I will add some pictures for you to tell me if you think it's possible or not. I'm scared of the outcome as I like my nose and I don't feel confident after looking at some after surgery photos being full of bruises. I work as an actor so I can't wait that much for healing and I need my face looking normal ASAP because of my career. Thank you so much. I hope you could give me some confidence to get it.

The best way to determine if you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty is to find a reputable surgeon who's before/after photos you like and who has a good reputation.  The consultation will let you determine if you are a good candidate or not for your particular concerns.  There is always bruising and swelling (varies with patient) after rhinoplasty with most patients being able to return to social situations and physical activity two weeks after surgery.  There are realities and risks that you must be prepared for in order to proceed with rhinoplasty.  A qualified rhinoplasty surgeon can reassure you regarding these and other issues throughout your process but the conviction to have the procedure must be your own. 

Best of luck regarding your procedure.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

You would need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  A rhinoplasty may be able lot achieve your goals of a more refined tip and narrowing nose.  Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty candidate

Anticipate two weeks of visible bruising and swelling after a rhinoplasty procedure. Full healing with all the edema and swelling to subside takes one year to see the final result.  It's also important not to over-rotate the tip of the nose so that it looks good from the side profile, but looks like a Miss Piggy from the frontal view with significant nostril show.  Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. 

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

After rhinoplasty experience

Every patients experience after surgery is unique. But looking at our photos, primarily you need a tip plasty, which is associated with swelling not bruising. This can be camouflaged with contouring makeup. For the definition of the upper nose, osteotomies are needed, which does case bruising. However light defining osteotomies typically do not case a lot of bruising beyond a week. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon