How soon after an IUD is inserted can I have breast revision/liposuction?

I had an IUD inserted a few days ago completely unaware of the fact that it might conflict with my breast implant revision surgery/lipo scheduled for 6 days after IUD insertion. Will this be a problem? I am 20 years old and healthy.

IUD

I don't see it as a major problem after IUD insertion.  Be sure to make sure that you ambulate after surgery to reduce risk of DVT.   I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

IUDs and Surgery

I can't think of a reason that your IUD insertion would interfere with a surgery unless there is some kind of complication, however to be sure contact both your GYN and your plastic surgeon to see if they have any concerns, especially if your IUD elutes hormones into your bloodstream.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon