Is there much additional benefit in CoolSculpting or any other RF treatment (face), after having Ultherapy 6 months ago?

I was happy with Ultherapy results, but am wondering how much additional benefit there is in doing an RF treatment for the same area. If the RF and the Ultherapy do essentially the same thing but using different delivery systems, I'm thinking it might be redundant and a waste of money.

Combination treatments

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedures, and determine what fits you best. Regards,

Hi and thanks for your question. Coolsculpting is only FDA cleared to be used on the fat directly beneath the chin. See a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can guide you towards the best treatment plan. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Combination therapies

Dear jjem551:

The treatments you mentioned can be combined to maximize results. Radiofrequency devices such as Pellevé or Thermitight tighten the skin via a different stimulus to increase the production of connective tissue proteins, and using two modalities will increase your results. The advantage of Pellevé after Ultherapy us that it stimulates all of the fibroblasts in the skin from 3mm and above. In addition, it is not at all uncomfortable.

CoolSculpting is a cryolipolysis device and it or Kybella would be used to reduce localized fat under the chin. These can safely be performed after Uktherapy for submental fullness with good results.

All the best to you!

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Combination Treatments Always Work Best

The answer to your question really depends on the changes that you are experiencing and your individual needs. If you still have loose skin then you could go with another round of Ultherapy or try an RF treatment like ThermiTight for some additional boost. If you have fat under your chin then CoolSculpting or Kybella may also be appropriate. Hopefully your physician has multiple different treatments available and can guide you as to which is best for you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Thermage and Coolsculpting

I am not a big fan of Ultherapy and I have had much better success with Thermage and Coolsculpting are both great technologies and I often use them in combination for many parts of the body.  It would be helpful if you posted a photo which included what specific areas bother you. I often use Thermage to tighten the jowls and the Cool-mini to reduce the double-chin.  Best, Dr. Green