Do you think adding spreader crafts to middle of the nose is enough to restore the nose looks? What can be done? (Photos)

Any recommendations for very talented surgeon who can restore nose without making it look done? I do not need any changes to outer skin, but need volume on nose. Is it possible to achieve? Is it possible to widen nose upper bony bridge with natural looking outcomes?

Spreader grafts

Spreader grafts will greatly help your situation which looks like  middle vault nasal collapse issue

Spreader grafts

First, you will need to wait a year or so for the swelling to subside. Second if the middle vault has collapsed or you want more width, spreader grafts can achieve that.  

Rhinoplasty to widen a narrow nose with spreader grafts

Spreader grafts can accomplish  widening a narrow nose.  The grafts can be harvested from the nose or ear cartilage and placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilages in the mid vault of the nose to widen that area.  For more information, diagrams of spreader grafts and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

Natural Looking Outcome

In addition to spreader grafts, which are commonly used to widen the cartilaginous vault of the nose, carefully fashioned morselized septal grafts, and/or very small amounts of injections of your own fat can be used to produce a beautiful, naturally looking result. I urge you to find a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience in rhinoplasty surgery.  Read reviews and do your research.  This is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your life, and because I have done many revision rhinoplasty surgeries for patients who had less-than-optimal experiences in other offices or in other countries, it will save you time, money, and aggravation if you find the right surgeon to do it correctly the first time. 

Spreader Grafts and Rhinoplasty

Dear Patient, based on your photograph, spreader grafts may help to avoid inverted V deformity and make your nose look straight, but I would advice to see a facial plastic surgeon to evaluate you and have an exact advice.

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, spreader grafts may help, but I would need to evaluate you in person to give more accurate advice.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Great questions!It is not only possible, but it should be the GOAL of a good surgeon to achieve a natural looking outcome.  Adding volume to the dorsum of the nose, the radix (upper part between the eyes) is possible by using one of more grafts.  Many times cartilage can be taken from the septum.  If this isn't enough, extra cartilage can be taken from the ear or the rib.  From what I can tell from your picture, you don't need too much.The best place to start is with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in the office.  She can explain the changes and details of it to you.Best of luck,

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon