Should I add implants to my breast lift, to have the result I want? (Photo)

I will have a mastopexy soon. I want to keep the same size (C), but I want a "round" result (cf picture of my ideal). DO I need implants for that? Which type? The space under my areola is very small, is it a problem for what I want? Thank you for your answer.

Breast Lift with implants

Thank you for your question. During a breast lift, excess skin is removed and the breast tissue and areola is repositioned higher up on the chest. This can include scars around the areola, down to the fold and in the breast fold. The overall volume of breast tissue doesn't change, but can give you the appearance of more volume by removing extra skin. Based upon your photo of your desired outcome, I would recommend a breast lift with an implant. I would advise seeing a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps.

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. This will help you achieve the aesthetic you desire. Lifts alone do not add any volume, so you'll need an implant or fat injection to increase size. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to visualize your post operative results. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Yes, you will need implants to achieve the look that you are searching for.  This will give you the upper-pole fullness, round shape to your breasts, as well as cleavage down the middle of your chest.

Be sure to discuss the details of your candidacy with your board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Mastopexy and implants

I think that you probably need to have implants along with a lift to achieve a nice result.  You will likely need a vertical or wise pattern type lift.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. The answer to your question depends on what size you would like your breasts to be in the end.   If you are truly happy with the size, then a mastopexy alone will give you a nice result.  If you think that you would desire any increase in size, then opt for a small implant with the lift.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does appear that you would benefit from the addition of modestly-sized implants as well.  I recommend that you consider a textured silicone implant placed sub-muscularly.  To determine what exactly you need to achieve your realistic result, you need to be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Should I add implants to my breast lift, to have the result I want?

Thank you for your question.  If you are happy with the volume of your breasts, then a breast lift alone would be good.  I think this would give a nice result.  A larger size would require implants.  During a consultation, it's important to try on different implant sizers while wearing a bra and a tight t-shirt to get a better idea of the "look" that you want.  If you're really not sure, you can always do the lift first and decide if you want implants later.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

You will get improvement, but...

...I am doubtful that the "ideal picture" is a C-cup.  From a shape standpoint, yes- you can have roundness and more perky breasts.  For that cleavage look, I think in your case, you would need an implant to help.  You can always get a lift and then do an implant later if you want more cleavage or upper pole fullness.  You would do awesome with a lift by itself though.  Hope  this helps.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. The question that you're asking appears to be slightly different than the result that you are showing in the bottom photo as she appears larger than your photo. If you are happy with your current cup size then adding an implant, will necessarily, make your cup size larger. Although an implant has been suggested to provide greater upper pole fullness, it will, again, necessarily, increase your cup size. I have seen too many women in my practice that were given an implant by another surgeon under this guise only to be very disappointed because their cup size was excessively large and not what they wanted in the first place. The position of a droopy breasts can also make it appear larger than what a woman actually sees In the mirror since, once you lift the breast, changes in its contour and shape occur, which can make it appear smaller even though the actual volume of the breast hasn't changed. This can be an important aspect in what you see visually and what you may actually desire in the end.

It's important to understand what your goals are and make sure that you are on the same page with your plastic surgeon. If you do desire a larger cup size then an implant, or even fat transfer, may be a good choice for you. Finally, reducing your breast and then adding an implant also makes absolutely no sense since you are now having to deal with the potential risks that go along with an implant for the rest of your life. This can be a very complicated discussion and I would certainly make sure that you have a full consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Implants with mastopexy

Implants will give upper fullness that a mastopexy alone will not.

An exam and consultation with a/your plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.