How to achieve wider cheeks in proportion to jaw? (Photos)

I have a long, narrow face and in photos, my lower jaw appears chubby and wider than my cheeks resulting in a bottom heavy appearance. While I have a good amount of fat in my face, would fillers be able to create the appearance of a more protruded zygomatic arch (on the sides of my cheeks - below the temple)? If so what kind and how much? If fillers are not an option, would I be a candidate for cheek implants? Also, is there a way to decrease the chubby appearance of my lower jaw?

Cheeks

Fillers would be an excellent choice for treating the areas of your face that concern you. I would recommend finding a reputable injector and scheduling an evaluation.

Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for facial contouring

Thank you for your photographs. A personal consultation is necessary prior to any solid recommendation, but I would consider using botox in your masseter muscle to narrow the lower portion of your face. This often adds nice balance to already existing cheeks! Make sure you find someone that has done this before! Good luck!

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Filler for cheeks

Filler such as Voluma or Sculptra would be optimal for enhancing the zygomatic (cheek) area giving you the balance you are looking for. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist or board certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in fillers. Sometimes, if the jaw is wide, botox can be used to help contour the jaw. When you do your consultation, the physician can go over with you all the possible options to determine the best solution for you! Best of luck 

Lesley Rabach, MD

Cheek Enhancement with Voluma

Dear Jessica3500:

Looking at your photos, I would recommend enhancing and slightly widening the appearance of your cheeks with a filler like Voluma.  All the best.

Praven Chetty, MD
Kelowna Physician

Fillers for volume

Fillers such as Voluma or Sculptra should be able to correct this for you.  It has to be carefully placed in those areas.  A formal consultation in person is necessary to determine the actual products and placement.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Cheek/Malar Augmentation

Hi Jessica3500,

Yes, filler can be used to augment and increase definition of your zygomatic arch.  If placed correctly and carefully it will provide you with a more prominent and well defined arch, and add some width to your face in that area.  This would suit your face nicely due to your prominent mandible and full lower face.  Cheek implants are an option, but I would personally recommend you trial filler first.  There are several hyaluronic acid based fillers which can be used in the arch area.  I typically use Restylane, but would recommend a consultation to make that determination.

Regards,

Dr. Paquet

Christian Paquet, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Facial balance and cheek augmentation

Hi Jessica and thank you for your photographs and your question. It is always best to come in for a consultation as I need to feel your skin quality and see your muscle movement.  I will try to answer your question based on the photograph only.  

1. To enhance your cheeks and add contour I would use Juvederm Voluma. I will also need to see if you are a Sculptra candidate to lift the lower jaw skin and enhance the contour all over the face.

2. If you have very strong chewing muscles around your jaw, then I would highly suggest using Botox to relax the muscle and slim down the lower half of your jaw. It's a great procedure but not everyone is a candidate.

3. I think permanent solution with implants is always an option, but our faces change every 5 years, and I always suggest to try something non permanent and saver first, like fillers and botox to see how your face will look and then you can always put something more permanent in.

Please seek an expert consultation in you area. Best of luck and hope this helps. Dr.Avaliani

Anna Avaliani, MD
New York Physician