How can I achieve high cheeks? (photos)

I've been looking at some pictures of myself and I've noticed that my cheeks don't look as full as the used to look. I was wondering what fillers can I use to get the kim kardashian look for her cheekbones... is Voluma the best filler to get this look?

Be Yourself, Not Somebody Else

The basic answer is that Voluma can give you the changes in your face that you desire, but I have a suggestion.
Stay away from pictures of anybody else and decide, with your doctor, what is the best look for YOU.

Every face is different and has features that should be enhanced or not.  That's a decision you should make with the advice of a medical professional, not by looking at computer enhanced photos of Hollywood stars.

A really great aesthetic practitioner will bring out what is best in YOU.

Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

How can I achieve high cheeks?

Thank you for your question and photographs. I appreciate the "goal" photographs as they are useful in identifying the "type" of look you desire; an exam helps determine if your "goal" is likely attainable.  After examining your pictures, it does appear that you have had a slight flattening of your cheek bone prominence, seen most readily in your second photograph.  Fillers are an excellent way of restoring lost volume, while also supplying a "lifting" quality to the surrounding tissues.  Voluma is one of the newer hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, specifically indicated for a patient's mid face (cheek region).  Placed deeper than other fillers, it has less bruising potential, and is a "what you see is what you get" filler, not requiring the absorption of water to complete its activity.  This way after injection you can look in the mirror at your plastic surgeon's office, and determine if you would like more added, without the fear of being overdone.  Hope this helps

Fuller higher cheekbones

A lot of what Kim Kardashian has is because of makeup - and bronzer placement. You and she do not have the exact same facial shape, so while you can get Voluma to the cheeks, it will not result in a look "identical" to her.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Cheek Enhancement with Injectables: Voluma

Voluma is a hyaluronic acid based filler which is approved for cheek enhancement. It is a gel and designed to be injected deep along the cheek bone to give volume and lift to the area. It is a great choice for cheek enhancement and is easily molded.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Voluma and larger cheekbone appearance

Voluma is an ideal treatment for enhancement of the mid face. It works beautifully to correct malar fat descension and aging of the mid face. In some case it is been shown to last up to 2 years. It is not FDA approved for any other location other than mid face. It is a deep injection just off the bone and requires expertise in injecting.
I would recommend you discuss your issue with a board certified dermatologist.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for your cheeks

Without an in office consultation (evaluating in person) it is hard to determine the anatomy of your face/cheeks.  However, Voluma is a great soft tissue filler for extra lift in your cheeks. Clinical studies shows it can last up to 2 years for most patients.  Best of luck going forward with your decision.

Fillers for enhanced cheekbones

The best filler for you can only be decided after examining the anatomy of your face. Depending on your facial structure, Voluma may be a great option, but other fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse may give better results. This is best determined with an in-person consultation.

My recommendation to you is to find an experienced Dermatologist whose focus is achieving natural-appearing results. I put emphasis on cosmetic rejuvenation by restoring your youthful appearance based on your underlying anatomy. Rather than focusing on pictures of celebrities, you and your Dermatologist should focus on you. By following this advice, you’ll achieve the cosmetic changes that will have you feeling your best with minimal risk of unwanted side effects.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for cheeks

Voluma would be a great option for your cheeks. There are other options but this is my go-to cheek filler to add volume. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

High cheek bones

Thank you for your question. Yes, I think that Voluma is the best filler for cheeks. Make sure you see a qualified injector. Good luck.

Voluma for cheekbones

Voluma is an excellent product for producing an immediate instant lift for the cheeks. The key is both product placement and the anoints injected. I love the results with Voluma since it is such a perfect product for this reason.