Am I a good FUT hair transplant candidate? (photos)

Hallo, im thinking about a getting a fut hair transplant. Am i a good candidate for fut? And is my donor area ok? How much grafts would i need? Thank you very much

Good Candidate for Organic Hair Transplant.

Greetings,

k you for your question. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated.  Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

A photo does not indicate if someone is a good hair transplant candidate. To be a good surgical candidate, you need to see a do

A photo does not indicate if someone is a good hair transplant candidate. To be a good surgical candidate, you need to see a doctor for an examination.  Then you have to understand and accept realistic outcome of a treatment that is recommended. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUT

Misnomer...FUT is follicular unit transplantation.  The 2 techniques used are FUE and FUSS.  

FUT is used incorrectly by many patients and doctors to denote FUSS.  It is not only FUSS but FUE as well. 

Regarding your candidacy, you appear to have a limited miniaturization zone 4 (crown).  The assess your candidacy, we would also need to know age, length and rapidity of progress, and the density of your donor region if you are considering FUE or scalp laxity if you are considering FUSS.

Hope that helps.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Good candidate for FUT?

In these photos you appear to have thinning that is not in a typical male pattern, and quite possibly not androgenetic alopecia. Also, you did not mention your age. Thus, the question really is whether you should consider a hair transplant at all, and not how many grafts you would need or whether the donor harvesting should be FUT or FUE. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist (with a special interest in hair loss, if possible) to help you sort things out.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Am I a good hair transplant candidate

I am assuming that you are in your 20s or late teens so what you are seeing may be hair loss but no clear balding pattern. Hair transplants only really treat balding areas, not thinning areas. : Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are showing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon