Am I a good candidate for Vaser liposuction? (photos)

I have had liposuction one year ago. However I am not happy with my results on my abdominal area to the point where I do not see a difference. I also have decided that I want to have liposuction on my arms. Is my skin elastic enough to handle Vader liposuction? Would it be worth lipocutioning my arms? I do not want to have saggy skin.

Liposuction: am i a good candidate for liposuction

hello love3456  

A healthy person seeking a fast and minimally invasive way to get rid of stubborn fat. Those patients looking for better definition of muscles and better contouring of body parts. Those patients who are looking for more sculpting of their body are good candidates for vaser as apposed to traditional liposuction. #abdomen #skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

hello love3456  

Candidate for vaser lipo

Yes, you would be a good candidate for vaser lipo in both areas. Modalities that are important to this procedure include the powerX cannula to remove your superficial fat, contour and etch your abdomen as well as j plasma, which will smooth you out. From your photos, fat could be removed from your abdomen (upper and lower), flanks as well as your arms. Your concern with the saggy skin would be prevented by the use of the plasma. Find a surgeon who has good experience with vaser lipo. 

Candidate for vaser lipo

Vaser is a good option

Vaser will be a great procedure for you for both areas.  My go to for revision cases is treatment with Vaser followed by liposculpture with my custom cannulas. Your arms should not have loose skin, judging by your pictures, you have great skin elasticity and should do great.  Seek an expert for revision cases, high def vaser contouring is what you will want!

Good luck!

Calvin Jung, MD
Houston Physician

Vaser is a good option

Good luck!

Calvin Jung, MD
Houston Physician

Vaser Magic

Yes, Yes,  and Yes are the answers to your questions.

But seriously, you do look like your skin has very good elasticity. I think you could get a great result of both areas even if you have had liposuction before. The good thing about Vaser liposuction is that it uses ultrasonic energy to melt the fat even if the fat is hiding in the scar tissue from previous liposuction. The Vaser works really well for redo liposuction. 

Now remember, in order to retain your results after liposuction, you need to maintain your weight with a reasonable diet and exercise. Your surgeon will only be removing a few pounds of fat. So a bad month or two of weight gain could undo your liposuction results. Keep this in mind so you don't have to go back for round three.

Good luck and I expect you will get great results of both areas.

Vaser Magic

Vaser liposuction

I routinely perform Vaser ultrasound liposuction on arms and abdomen. It offers excellent skin tightening and can be used after prior liposuction surgeries.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Vaser liposuction

Who is a "good candidate"?

Thank you for your questions and photos.  As a general rule, anyone who has excess fat deposits between the skin and the underlying muscle is an adequate candidate for liposuction.  Skin quality is something that either make your results better or worse than the average person should expect.  People with poor skin quality will have a worse result.  By poor skin quality, I mean, stretch marks, thin skin from age, sun damage, or smoking history, or excessive weight gain and loss.  Many women have abdominal skin laxity from pregnancy.  From the photos you shared, your skin does not appear to have significant laxity, but you may have mild laxity.  Another variable, which can affect results is the amount of connective tissue fibers that are present in the fatty layer.  This is almost always a genetic thing and there is no way for a doctor to predict who will have this and who will not.  A patient with lots of tough fibers holding onto their fat will not get as good a result as one with very soft, minimally fibrous fat.  In areas that have already had liposuction, there will also be a lot of scar tissue, which is made up of lots of connective tissue fibers throughout the previously treated areas.  Fat removal in these areas will be much more difficult than it was for the initial liposuction.  For these reasons, repeat liposuction results can be variable from one individual to the next.  With all that said, from your photos, it appears that your skin is of good quality and that you do have some fatty deposits of the subcutaneous layer, therefore, I would expect that a repeat liposuction would give you a good result.  I will not perform a revision until at least 9 months after the initial liposuction, as there may be a trace amount of swelling even up to the 9 month mark.

Who is a "good candidate"?

Suitability for vaser liposuction

From the photos it looks like you have good skin and the vaser liposuction is a great option for you. Vaser liposuction will not only remove your fat but also tighten the skin by delivering heat to the colleges fibres allowing the skin to contract. 

Suitability for vaser liposuction