Am I a candidate for a ankle/calf lipo? (Photos)

I'm 5"3 and I weigh 120lbs, I have cankled which swallow towards the evening. My mom has it, my sisters have it. It is embarrassing to open my legs. I read that the fat has to be pinchable (which it is) and that the recovery time takes longer - I don't have a problem with that. Could you tell me if I am the right candidate for a lipo procedure? How much would it cost me? What are the risks? How soon can I return to work? I am looking for a specialist in New York.

Calf and ankle liposuction - am I a candidate?

Thank you for asking about your calf and ankle liposuction.
  • You look as though you are a canddiate for calf and ankle liposucton -
  • Recovery will be at least a year to see your final result.
  • Cost varies with the area and the srgeon - so find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you by going to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
  • The chief risk for all cosmetic surgery is that the result needs an additional touch up 6 - 12 months after surgery.
  • Other risks of all surgery include bleeding, infection, nerve damage, poor scarring, poor healing and deep tissue damage but these are truly uncommon in well done liposuction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Cankle liposuction is so rewarding.

Liposuction of the ankles and calves makes such a big improvement and is easy to undergo by the right lipo specialist. You want to get it done under tum. local with the smaller micro canulas and make sure your doc stands you up during the procedure occasionally to assess the results to fine tune it. You can return to work in 2 days and cost is roughly $7,000 for quality work. Sometimes it is worth traveling for what you truly need.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

A case of Lipedema - can be addressed with Liposuction

It looks like a case of stage I lipedema. It can be addressed with Liposuction. But has to be dealt with a lot of caution as it may cause Deep Vein Thrombosis / Thromboembolism. Make sure you choose a board certified surgeon.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- CALF AND ANKLE

I suggest you see an expert this area requires meticulous skill and expertise.  I find that energy based devices do best in this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you from selective liposuction of the ankles.  Traditionally, this area has been avoided with liposuction, but with the appropriate techniques, this can be successfully performed for a nice result.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD