6 weeks after breast augmentation. (325cc) Silicone under the muscle. (Photo)

My right breast seems higher up and it doesn't have a nice shape. Should I worry?!

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Right implant higher

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. From your photos is does appear that your right implant is higher than your left. Pre-operative photos would be helpful to determine what your natural breast anatomy and shape is. I think you should bring this to the attention of your plastic surgeon and see what their thoughts are and to see if they have any recommendations.

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Too early...

Thanks for your question and photos.  At 6 weeks, it is too early to judge your results.  There is still ample time for your implants to drop into the pockets and the shape to improve.  I suggest you let your surgeon know about your concerns.  I think there is a very good chance your surgery will still be a success.  Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

6 weeks after breast augmentation. (325cc) Silicone under the muscle.

Thank you for your question.  You are still early in recovery and I would expect that the right breast will drop into a more natural position over the next 3 months.  Most likely you have more ptosis or sagging on the right breast as the nipple appears lower.  If after 3 months implant has not distended into the inferior pole the breast you may need a lift on the right side.  But you have plenty of time to wait for the implant to drop

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD