I'm 5'9", 125lbs and wear a 32DDD bra. I want implants to put me into the 32J-32JJ range. Do you think this is possible?

Implants

It's hard to determine if implants would be advisable for you without an examination.  According to the information you've provided, it would seem your breasts are already large.  Before going larger you would need to consider if your frame could fit the larger implants without compromising blood supply and increasing risk, surgery goals, and your health background.  It's best to meet with a plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Breast augmentation

Without seeing you in person it is impossible to size you up.  But if you have very large breast, I'm not sure what you would gain with implants.

Breast Implant Sizing

The exact choice of size that will work best for you is an important decision that you should make with your board certified plastic surgeon. 3D Vectra imaging and simulation, the Mentor gel sizing system, rice filled implants at home in your bra, and bio-dimensional analysis are all methods that can be employed to help you come to a decision. Because size is such an important component of decision making in breast augmentation our office employs all of these techniques with each patient to ensure the highest rate of satisfaction possible. Good luck with your decision!

Implants will increase your cup size

Obviously, there are many factors that go into evaluating you. I can't do this from the info you've given. Having said that, any additional volume to your breasts will increase cup size. I don't think you would necessarily require huge implants since you are already pretty big. Your breast measurements and the quality of your skin will be of key importance in any outcome. And finally, there is no industry standard for bra size, so no one can guarantee a specific cup. Find a very experienced plastic surgeon to examine and counsel you. Hope that helps. 

Verne Weisberg, MD

Reconsider

Your 32JJ is a possibility. I, however, would suggest that you reconsider your plan. That is a very large breast and could lead to musculoskeletal problems down the line. Carefully discuss the health ramifications of proceeding with your personal PS. Good luck and be well.

Kevin Maguire, MD
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

You think this is possible?

Dear Claudia

I think in general, the answer is yes, it is possible. The wisdom of having breasts that large  and the reason you want breast in that size range are an important aspect of your request. I think the long term impact of that breast size on your back and body as well as directly on your breast tissue is an important aspect of this decision that you need to discuss with your surgeon at the time of your consultation.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice (regarding specific breast implant size/profile) to be truly helpful. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant type/size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. In bra sizers can be useful communication tools also. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "DDD or J cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to LARGER breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Large Implants

It's difficult to say without seeing you but in general, patients with large breasts often need large implants to make a difference in breast size.  Large implants come with risks of tissue stretch, malposition and sagging over time - but they will also help you reach your goal of having larger breasts.  Best of luck!