5'7 and 125 pounds. I want an hourglass shape. Am I a good candidate for a liposculpture? (Photo)

Hi, I'm 26 years old and I'm 5'7 (171cm) and weight around 125lb (57kg). I do sports 4-5x a week and I'm not overweight or anything, but I feel like I don't have a good hip-waist ratio at all. I don't have curves. I would love to have a more hourglass shape but I don't know if that's achievable on my body, for example with liposculpture. I posted two pictures, do you think I'd be a good candidate for a liposculpture? Thank you!

5'7 and 125 pounds. I want an hourglass shape. Am I a good candidate for a liposculpture?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Hourglass Appearance?

Great question.  The hourglass appearance that you are seeking is achieved through liposuction/liposculpture of the waistline and sometimes also fat grafting of the hips.  The combination of the two techniques can almost in all cases achieve an improved "hourglass" appearance.  The real question is can it be achieved by fat removal from the waistline alone or is fat grafting of the hips in addition required. This can be determined during a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

There is room for some improvement

I think everyone has room for some improvement. The question is how much and does it is a justify doing the procedure.

You seem fairly slim. That means your overall fat layer is fairly thin. If someone has a thick layer of fat, the overall shape or contour can be more drastically altered.

Sometimes the combination of liposuction and fat transfer can give more dramatic or hyper-feminizing effects.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

You are a very good candidate for liposuction with an expert.  I would search for the surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results. Look at reviews and before and after pictures on that surgeon's website.

Liposculpture | Liposuction | Liposhaping

Thank you for your question and pictures.

Typically, with liposculpture, you don't get a completely new body....just your body improved or with a better shape.

To know what might be the best treatment for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lipo candidate

Your best option is to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. A good history and physical examination will tell the tale. It's impossible to make these decision based on a couple of photos. Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Lipo candidate

The best way to determine whether you are a good candidate for liposculpture is by pinching the fat. An experienced plastic surgeon will be able to tell you if you have fat in the areas which concern you. Based on the photographs you have excellent skin which should respond well to surgery.

Liposuction Candidate

You appear to be a great candidate but it is hard to tell from the photos.  You would need an in person consultation and full body evaluation to determine what could be done.  In your case you will need a high definition procedure and only a few doctors in the country do this well.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer. 

Liposuction candidate?

You appear to be a good candidate but your photos are shadowy and hard to evaluate. See a board-certified plastic surgeon in person for a full exam and to have your questions answered. Best,

Below is a link to a healed liposuction patient who is in her 20s.. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon