5'3 tall, 124 lbs, A cup, slightly tuberous looking into implants. Textured, smooth, anatomical, round?

I worry as to what kind of implant I should get. I want something natural feeling and looking. When I am laying down, I would like them to lay down with me. At my latest consult, he was pushing for the textured ones. One of my biggest fears is rippling and capsular contracture. I wanted Anatomical textured implants, but now I have doubts. My concern with round implants is that they will look balloon-like, especially from the side. I certainly do not want a big bulge of boob on top.

Not tuberous

You have small wide breasts. They do not appear tuberous. I prefer round implants over textured anatomic. Best of luck.

Implant selection

I recommend a smooth round silicone implant placed in a sub-muscular plane.  Based on your images as well as the prospect of minimal complications over the next 15 years, this would be the ideal implant to choose.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  With a moderate size submuscular implant, this will decrease your risk of rippling and capsular contracture. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast imp

I think that you could have a nice result with a variety of implants. There is no one definitive implant choice for a patient. Most important is the skill and judgement of the plastic surgeon you choose. Discuss your goals and concerns with your surgeon. They should be able to reassure you that they can help you achieve the results you want or counsel you about what type of results they feel they can achieve. If you are still unsure after a consult you may consider a second consult with a different surgeon so that you can feel comfortable that you have gotten a variety of opinions. 

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery, assuming you choose your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.  

These days there are a variety of breast implants available; the variety of breast implant available raise a lot of questions from women considering breast augmentation surgery. Personally, I think that for most patients considering breast augmentation surgery, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals, far outweigh the specific type of breast implant utilized (when it comes to the success of the breast augmentation procedure). 

Anatomical breast implants were designed to better simulate the natural breast shape; the problem with these implants is that if they shift or rotate, the entire breast will change shape as well. This change in breast shape may require further surgery to correct. Round implants, under the hand, can shift or rotate without changing the shape of the breasts. Overall, I find that beautiful outcomes can be achieved with the use of round saline or silicone gel breast implants for the vast majority of patients.   
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Your breasts

You are not at all tuberous. I like smooth round implants. Textured have problems because they don't move and if the move out of position they and shaped implants give you deformed breasts. A consultation with and experienced plastic surgeon should cover your issues.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD