5 weeks post op and crooked nose with bridge hump. What will my options look like?

I know it's early. I knew something was wrong the second I woke up, My splint was curved. This is my 1st rev rhino. I wanted a feminine nose w/ a slight curve. I now have a hump on my bridge that wasnt there before and my nose is doing a "C" shape. It's actually becoming more defined only on one side making me feel 1000% worse. I had cartilage taken from my ear as well. I'm thinking I made a huge $15,000 mistake. Will this be major surgery to fix? Can it be done at 5 months post op? Please help.

Very early yet....

as a surgeon who performs many secondary and tertiary rhinoplasty revisions, i find myself encouraging patience to patients who come in to see me early on after they have had surgery elsewhere....there are many solid reasons for this including but certainly not limited to:

1. time tends to take a little of the emotion and 'urgency' out of things allowing cooler heads prevail

2. it really does take months before the swelling of a revision rhinoplasty comes down, and many more months before remodeling is mature

3. a second revision can only be reasonably performed once the vestibular skin of the nose softens and becomes more mobile

i hope this helps

Timing for major revision rhinoplasty

Revision rhinoplasty is a difficult procedure and I am sure that you did your homework and found a reputable surgeon to perform your work.  It is a lot of money and I do scratch my head at that number!  I would follow up with your surgeon ASAP.  If they are honest and reputable they will address your concerns and you will feel cared for and confident that your surgical outcome will be what you had hoped for.  If you feel at any time that you are not confident that your result will be acceptable and that your surgeon is unlikely capable of fixing their work, I would seek other opinions.  

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

At this point, you have to give it time to heal and be patient. You can not have another revision within 6 months it will be too early.