4 months post-op lower body lift. Started to go back to gym & gained 10lbs in a week? (Photos)

I weigh more now than I did when I had the lowerbody lift 4 months ago. They removed 15lbs and I weigh more than I did going into surgery. I do feel bloted could this be water retention? Please I need help should I stop working out? Getting liposuction in a few months but worried that im fat now

Lower body lift - am I swelling or gaining weight?

Thank you for your question about your lower body lift.
  • If you gained 10 pounds in a week once you started exercising, it may be swelling.
  • I strongly suggest that you contact your surgeon for advice -
  • Your surgeon will know you and will have seen you in person and can give you better advice.
  • You may be exercising too much - you will have lost muscle mass and strength after 4 months.
  • It may be wiser to start slowly at first - but ask your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

4 months post-op lower body lift. Started to go back to gym & gained 10lbs in a week?

Gaining 10 pounds in a week would be very unusual, whether as fat or as muscle mass. Going to the gym is unlikely to be the cause. You should check with your Plastic Surgeon and your primary care physician / endocrinologist as there may be some other underlying problem. Also please check your weight again with a different machine in a few days. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain

I'm sorry for your trouble. There is not enough information in this questions to answer it accurately. It would be unusual to gain 10 pounds in a week from going to the gym. Water retention can cause that type if weight gain but you need to figure out why you are retaining water. I recommend that you talk with your primary care physician and review your diet and exercises. There may be a simple solution to this.

Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon