4 months post-op lower body lift. Started to go back to gym & gained 10lbs in a week? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Lower body lift - am I swelling or gaining weight?
- If you gained 10 pounds in a week once you started exercising, it may be swelling.
- I strongly suggest that you contact your surgeon for advice -
- Your surgeon will know you and will have seen you in person and can give you better advice.
- You may be exercising too much - you will have lost muscle mass and strength after 4 months.
- It may be wiser to start slowly at first - but ask your surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
4 months post-op lower body lift. Started to go back to gym & gained 10lbs in a week?
Gaining 10 pounds in a week would be very unusual, whether as fat or as muscle mass. Going to the gym is unlikely to be the cause. You should check with your Plastic Surgeon and your primary care physician / endocrinologist as there may be some other underlying problem. Also please check your weight again with a different machine in a few days.
All The Best !
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.