4 weeks post op male breast reduction (liposuction only) very disappointing results

I had a liposuction surgery done on my breast 4 weeks ago. I visited an endocrinologIst before going to a certified plastic surgeon who in turn didown some blood tests and ultrasound on my chest and he told me that my chest is 95% fat. The surgeon said the same thing and he suggested only liposuction. I can see a difference in the size of my chest post op but i my breast is still visible under t-shirts and it still looks flabby. Also, I have a hard lump under the nipple in my right breast.

Post-Op Healing from Gynecomastia Liposuction

BRUISING AND SWELLING: Bruising and swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal.LUMPINESS: As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.As with all operations, pain and discomfort varies greatly from patient to patient. Generally, one should expect that pain medication will be required for the first several days. Continuing discomfort can last varying amounts of time. Additional procedures that often enhance gynecomastia results are liposuction of the abdomen and flanks. Continue with your post-op healing instructions per your plastic surgeon, and be sure to take questions and concerns directly to the surgeon's office to ensure that healing is moving along properly. I wish you all the best!

4 weeks post liposuction of gynecomastia

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to assess how much improvement you have seen without before and after photos, but I can certainly see that you still have a bit of fullness in the breast.  Some of this is edema that will resolve -- liposuction can be very slow in this regard, and it may be 12-18 months before you see your final shape.  Try to be patient as this improves.  Once you are close to your final result you will be able to discuss your results with your surgeon.  The hard lump under your nipple may be focal swelling, a small collection of fluid or blood, or breast gland that was made more noticeable by the removal of surrounding fat.  On occasion, secondary liposuction is necessary, and gland can be excised later on if indicated, as well.

Lipo of chest

It would be nice to see your preops and compare them. You are still swollen and need to give it several more months to settle. Best of luck.