4 days post-op- Is this all normal? (Photos)

I finally did it! I was so nervous but now very happy. Dual plane, 350cc smooth silicone. Im just curious if the yellowish bruising on the left incision is normal. I also feel more stiffness and pain in the left one. I know they have to drop and Its only been 4 days, but I am always worrying the worst. Please reassure me that I am ok? Thanks !

#breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery #breastimplants

Hello Jellybeans, thank you for your excellent question!  Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for your excellent question about your breast augmentation.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our breast augmentation surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS,   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Wait for some time

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and "less natural" in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Breast Im

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Early healing after a breast augmentation

It is natural to have many concerns earlier after breast augmentation. Instead of trying to second-guess things, and losing a lot of sleep, you should talk about this with your plastic surgeon so they can give you a good idea of what to expect through the healing process.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices :

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about final results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation question

Sure, this early on after your surgery the yellowish discoloration is usually normal.  It should subside in the following weeks.  It's always best to discuss these concerns with your surgeon.

Post op BA

Thank you for your question.Congratulations. You look appropriate for 4 days. Yellow bruising gradually goes away. Your breasts will continue to change in the coming few weeks. Please follow the instructions from your PS.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

4 days post-opbreast augmentation?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource for accurate assessment, advice, and meaningful reassurance. Having said that, the yellowish bruising is certainly a normal finding;  there is nothing on your photographs that seemed concerning to me.   Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.