Getting either 325cc or 350cc, moderate profile...Need help deciding before surgery! (photos)

I'm 5'3, 122 lbs, 34A ( small A). My PS told me that I could easily go for 350cc or even slightly more if I wanted, according to my chest and measurements. Even though I don't have a whole lot of tissue to begin with, she was confident that 350 would not be too big. I tried on the actual 350 implants under a surgical bra, and they felt fine to me, but I am wondering if I should go for 325cc?? I want no more than a C cup. I don't want a D cup. Surgery date in two weeks!

The difference between the two is minimal, potentially not even noticeable.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

The difference is quite minimal. If the dissected pocket is large enough to hold the 350 cc implant, then this is a reasonable option. That said, I usually advise my younger patients to err on the small size as woman are rarely the same weight at 35 that they were at 22!Best wishes.

A 25 cc implant difference is not a lot.  You shouldhave an idea beforehand what you are comfortable with.

You might want a second opinion!

The choice if implant size to keep you looking natural is based on your breast width.  The surgeon should be the one determining the actual size of the implant during the operation because the doctor is visualizing what the implant is doing to the shape of your breasts during the procedure.  Normally, I have 3 different sizes available.  During the operation, I use an implant sizer to determine the correct size of implant to make your breasts look great. I remove the sizer and then place the permanent implant.  Therefore, choice of surgeon is most important!  I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Size Choice

The 25cc in question will not make the difference between a C or D cup. This is a very small amount and the difference will be barely noticeable. I recommend that you choose the implant your Surgeon recommends as the best fit and the one you are most comfortable with.
All the best

Your breasts

This is what you should be talking to your doctor about. You are paying them for their professional advice. Advice over the internet is not the most accurate. They can see you and advise you. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Implant size

The implant sizes you are choosing have very little difference between them.  If you felt fine with the 350cc implant, then you may wish to choose it, once the implants are placed and swelling goes down, the appearance is generally slightly smaller than when you tried them in a bra.  Second consideration is to go for the look and not the cup size.  Bras come in all shapes and sizes, you can be a C cup in one and a D cup in another style.  No one can guarantee a cup size for you.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  In truth that small a difference in size will not make a noticeable difference.  For their to be a noticeable difference in your choice there would have to be a size difference of about 100 cc's  
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Implant size

Thank you for your question.  Choosing the correct implant to meet your postop goals should be done by your surgeon after an appropriate examination and thorough discussion with you during the consultation.  The difference between a 325 cc implant and a 350 cc implant is negligible and both will likely put you in the C-cup range depending on the brand of bra you use.  More importantly, I suggest you use a board certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and that you are comfortable with the surgeon you decide to use for your procedure.  Hope this helps.

Need help deciding before breast augmentation surgery!

• Thank you for the question.  
  • Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.  
  • Given your concerns/questions, I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the day of surgery discussing these concerns/questions. Make sure that you are both the same page when it comes to goals and expectations. 

• Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
  • 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
  • In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
  • I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.